Monday, June 26: Jordan Westburg & Orioles take on the 1st place Reds, weather permitting

SteveA

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Just yesterday another guy at work that is a Mets fan told me I was right when I warned him about Buck.

I'm surrounded by Mets and Yankees fans here in NYC.  I think I may have gotten one of them to follow the Orioles since their team is doing horrible.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

About how he deals with the media and handles the bullpen.

The other day was a classic what are you going to do now Buck moment.

The guy at work is really not happy with how mellow Buck is about losing.

Funny, that was basically the same thing Jomboy and Jake were coming at Aaron Boone about in their podcast with him.  That he (and the team) weren't showing enough panic about how things were going. 

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

About how he deals with the media and handles the bullpen.

The other day was a classic what are you going to do now Buck moment.

The guy at work is really not happy with how mellow Buck is about losing.

Ah yes, the "Do you want to know when you die?" moment and not using your best arms sometimes.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

DD’s trade history with the Orioles was unbelievably bad.  Part of the reason we were a 100 loss team for half a decade after he left. 

I mostly supported DD at the time but seeing what Elias has done has made me more and more mad at DD. He steered the ship OK for '12-16 but really committed GM malpractice with the Davis and Trumbo deals and the return on Manny.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I mostly supported DD at the time but seeing what Elias has done has made me more and more mad at DD. He steered the ship OK for '12-16 but really committed GM malpractice with the Davis and Trumbo deals and the return on Manny.

From many accounts the Davis and Trumbo deals were forced on him by our awful ownership.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I pin the Chris Davis deal on Angelos and Buck. DD traded for Trumbo before Davis resigned and was going to play 1B in 2016 instead of Davis.

• Upvote 2