Monday, June 26: Jordan Westburg & Orioles take on the 1st place Reds, weather permitting

SteveA

6 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

From many accounts the Davis and Trumbo deals were forced on him by our awful ownership.

I hadn't heard that about Trumbo. I am sure that was true of Davis, but shouldn't a real GM be able to talk his owner out of a deal like that? I guess the Davis deal was more a reflection of the toxicity in organization than DD himself but it was still his name.on the contract.

• Confused 1

When Cedric Mullins was batting and Jordan Westburg was on deck, I had a vision while Jim Palmer and Kevin Brown were talking about Westburg. I had a vision that he was hoisting a very shiny beautiful World Series trophy wearing a white home game Orioles uniform. It was distinctly Jordan Westburg.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I hadn't heard that about Trumbo. I am sure that was true of Davis, but shouldn't a real GM be able to talk his owner out of a deal like that? I guess the Davis deal was more a reflection of the toxicity in organization than DD himself but it was still his name.on the contract.

Wait, did you really say DD was supposed to talk Angelos out of getting swindled by Boros? At the time of the deal, Showalter and Anderson had way more pull than DD.

• Upvote 2

Just now, DEOriolesfan said:

This rain delay game from a years back shows how far this organization has come. Andrew Velazquez, Hanser Alberto, Pat Valaika. Yikes.

Yeah, what MASN knucklhead shows a game from the dark era as a Rain delay game?

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

No GM was able to convince the awful Angelos of anything. We had Hall of Famer Pat Gillick who couldn’t tell the mighty and all-knowing Angelos anything because he wouldn’t listen. Hopefully the reign of the Angelos plague is coming to a merciful end sooner rather than later.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Wait, did you really say DD was supposed to talk Angelos out of getting swindled by Boros? At the time of the deal, Showalter and Anderson had way more pull than DD.

DD trying to bolt to Toronto's front office following the 2014 season pretty much killed his influence as primary decision maker in building O's roster.