Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

9/9, 110 today. I only used 6 points on the Orioles line but the Rockies line cost me 71.   Any time I can get 9/9 on a teams-only grid is a good day.  

I hate the team only.  Was 6/6.  Couldn’t think of Rockie/Royal, Indian/National, or National/Royal.  Finally guessed Bob Hamelin as Rockie/Royal and washed out.

Edited by RZNJ

8/9/. Royals/Nats got me, then I saw that the most popular player was Michael A. Taylor and I'm pretty sure I've used him before for the same grid.  That was annoying.

Orioles line was 4.3%

Spoiler

Jeremy Guthrie, Alan Wiggins, Hanser Alberto

Jason Giambi, Vinny Castilla, Bret Saberhagen

Dennis Martinez, Juan Soto, miss

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

9/9, 109 today.  I’m on a roll!

Cost myself serious points by picking a safe answer for Toronto 200 game winner.  I had a much better answer that I wasn’t 100% sure of.   

There are only 6 answers there. I could only think of two. That one and the Reds 200 game winner is where I got all of my points. 15.8 for the other seven.

1 minute ago, backwardsk said:

There are only 6 answers there. I could only think of two. That one and the Reds 200 game winner is where I got all of my points. 15.8 for the other seven.

Got under 1% for my Reds 200 game winner, a former Oriole. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/3/2023 at 12:32 PM, Frobby said:

9/9, 110 today. I only used 6 points on the Orioles line but the Rockies line cost me 71.   Any time I can get 9/9 on a teams-only grid is a good day.  

8/9 on that one.   Stumped by Rockies/Padres for some reason.   I had already used Jordan Lyles to get Orioles/Padres 0.1% so I couldn't use him for SD/Col.

Of the 8, 7 were Orioles:

Bal/Cle -- Dempsey
Bal/SD -- Lyles
Bal/KC -- Jorge Lopez

Colo/Cle -- Ubaldo
Colo/SD -- missed.  (In addition to Lyles I could have used Jay Payton here for an Oriole, looked up after the fact)
Colo/KC -- Gregg Zaun (wasn't 100% sure but I took a guess and got lucky)

Wash[Mon]/Cle -- Dennis Martinez
Wash/SD -- Nelson Cruz
Wash/KC -- I went with a non-Oriole, Alcides Escobar.   After the fact I found I could have used Maikel Franco.

That was a gettable all Oriole grid.   I couldn't quite pull it off.

Just now, Frobby said:

Steve Finley was my choice.  

I don't know why but for some reason I never think of him for those teams he bounced around with that the very end of his career.   I think if him for Baltimore, Houston, Arizona and San Diego.    I never think of him for Dodgers, Giants and Rockies.   Can't picture him in those uni's at all.

Now that I've put that into writing maybe next time I will remember.   Pretty easy to remember, after leaving Baltimore he played for Houston and the entire NL West.   So he can be an answer for any NL West pairing, just like Steve Pearce can be an answer for any AL East pairing.

On 11/30/2023 at 4:38 PM, Frobby said:

Another thing I really need to do is bone up on which of the great players from 1900 - 1940 played for teams like the Phillies, Athletics, etc.  There’s a lot of Hall of Famers from that era where I don’t remember who they played for.  Al Simmons cracked 40 doubles four times for the Philadelphia A’s.  

I bet @DrungoHazewoodcould put up some incredibly low scores in this game.  

Eh, I don't know, maybe. I think I'm incredibly deep on some things, not so much on others. I'm probably decent on stuff like the 1930s A's, but anybody who can pull three names from some of those endless 47-107 Phillies teams managed by Doc Prothro has to be born and raised in Philly in unfortunate family circumstances that resulted in a deeply twisted personality. It's like knowing the June 11th, 1988 starting lineup of the O's, in 2055.