Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

47 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

8/9 215.  I tried to get cute with Brewers rightfielder, I thought Richie Sexson would be a good answer.

Hide contents

Brian Jordan, Andruw Jones, Chipper Jones

Adam Dunn, Michael A Taylor, Bryce Harper

Ryan Braun, Robin Yount, miss

Hey, I got 214 even with two wrong answers!

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Man, today's looks pretty brutal.  All teams, no stats categories and they've got the Pirates and the Diamondbacks in there.  

I hate all-team grids.  6/9 today.  I missed SF/LAA, SF/DET and PIT/LAA.  Ugh.  No big regrets on any of them.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I usual struggle with these, but I was able to get a 9/9 91 score only spending a few minutes to get the answers.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.57ac63f28ab1e3e9a1579c73b93de467.png

Well done.  I got a 9/9 82.  Took me a little longer with the Diamondbacks/Pirates and Diamondbacks/Tigers.  The rest came through fairly easy though.

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-12-22at11_00_39AM.png.b0e5715b7ccf090e97372554ad2906ed.png

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

They're tough, for sure.  But you can bet the Saturday grid tomorrow will be pretty easy!

I think my favorite ones are those that have 3-4 two-team squares.  I don’t like the really easy grids as much as the ones that pose some challenge but aren’t require much guessing.

• Upvote 1

I've got 8 of 9 so far, adding up to 47.5%.   I went almost full-Moose on this one.   7 of the 8 guys I have so far have been retired for more than a decade, most for 2+ decades, and I've used just one active guy so far.   Four guys at 1% or less I'm particularly proud of:

Spoiler

Craig Lefferts for SF/Cal for 0.02%, Dave Collins for Tor/Cal for 0.4%, Tim Foli for Pitt/Cal for 1%, and Mike Ivie for SF/Det for 0..9%.

I haven't been able to figure out Ariz/Toronto yet so I'm going to put it aside for an hour or two and hope when I attack it with a fresh mind something comes to me.   I thought of one answer a few minutes ago in the restroom, so maybe next time I go I'll have another inspiration.   Drinking an extra glass of iced tea to hasten the process.

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

I've got 8 of 9 so far, adding up to 47.5%.   I went almost full-Moose on this one.   7 of the 8 guys I have so far have been retired for more than a decade, most for 2+ decades, and I've used just one active guy so far.   Four guys at 1% or less I'm particularly proud of:

Reveal hidden contents

Craig Lefferts for SF/Cal for 0.02%, Dave Collins for Tor/Cal for 0.4%, Tim Foli for Pitt/Cal for 1%, and Mike Ivie for SF/Det for 0..9%.

I haven't been able to figure out Ariz/Toronto yet so I'm going to put it aside for an hour or two and hope when I attack it with a fresh mind something comes to me.   I thought of one answer a few minutes ago in the restroom, so maybe next time I go I'll have another inspiration.   Drinking an extra glass of iced tea to hasten the process.

I failed.   Couldn't come up with Arizona/Toronto.   Took a wild guess at Gregg Zaun because I know he played for Toronto and also a LOT of other teams, but he didn't.

8/9, 48