Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

51 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Ha.  That’s exactly who I put in my Cubs line but I flamed out trying to get cute with 2,000 K’s with Ron Guidry and Whitey Ford.

I went with Mussina there because he’s one of my all-time favorites, and I like throwing in my favorites even when they may cost me a few points.  I will never pass up a chance to answer a question with Frank Robinson or Eddie Murray.  

• Upvote 2

9/9 55

Spoiler

Bill Buckner, David Cone, Reggie Sanders

Adrian Beltre, Jeff Russell, Juan Gonzalez

Jose Canseco, Dennis Eckersley, Willie McCovey

Reggie Sanders is a guy who didn't play all that long ago, seems largely forgotten and had an outstanding career.  Only made one all-star team, but finished with 300+ homers and 300+ steals.  .830 career OPS.

30 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

9/9 55

Hide contents

Bill Buckner, David Cone, Reggie Sanders

Adrian Beltre, Jeff Russell, Juan Gonzalez

Jose Canseco, Dennis Eckersley, Willie McCovey

Reggie Sanders is a guy who didn't play all that long ago, seems largely forgotten and had an outstanding career.  Only made one all-star team, but finished with 300+ homers and 300+ steals.  .830 career OPS.

Nice. I had 5/5 and then guessed Sal Bando for the A’s and 300 career homers.   No bueno.  Only 242.

• Upvote 1

9/9 85 for me. I’m not going to bother hiding my answers since the phone version of the message board doesn’t have the hide option.  Nobody seems to come to this thread until after they’ve played anyway.

Benintendi, W. Davis, Killebrew

Uehara, Feliz, Cruz

Damon, Eckersly, Thomas   

I was surprised how popular Benintendi (26%) and Eckersly (14%) were.  

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Ugh, an all-teams grid.  I was happy to get 6 of 9.   Whiffed on SEA/DET, ATL/DET and SD/CIN.

I was surprised that I had the high score for Atlanta/Det. Former Oriole, but played like 35-40 years ago. Also used a former Oriole pitcher for Sea/Det.

Total score of 80.

8/9, 166

Started, as I often do, trying to do all Orioles.

Filled 6 of the squares with Orioles, couldn't come up with any more, so then I went to non-Orioles .   Filled 2 spots, but made a bad guess on SD/Cinc.

Spoiler

Kevin Gausman, Doyle Alexander, David Justice

MISS, Fred Lynn, Rich Hill

Arthur Rhodes, Fernando Rodney, Jose Mesa