Time for Dean and the Bun to go...

Matt S

39 minutes ago, Matt S said:

I've seen enough. ERA over 5 now. WHIP at 1.42. 

Hopefully, he can be packaged with some prospects for a starter just to free up space on the roster.

He has given up 3 runs or less in 9 of his last 11 starts but yeah let’s just get rid of him.   We have lots of pitchers in AAA just knocking down the door right?  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

He has given up 3 runs or less in 9 of his last 11 starts but yeah let’s just get rid of him.   We have lots of pitchers in AAA just knocking down the door right?  

What's his ERA right now?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt S said:

What's his ERA right now?

He stunk in the first month of the season the last two months he has pitched well and has given us a chance to win in 9 of the 11 starts.  He has shown consistency over last two months to give you about 6 innings and allowing just 2 or 3 innings.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

He stunk in the first month of the season the last two months he has pitched well and has given us a chance to win in 9 of the 11 starts.  He has shown consistency over last two months to give you about 6 innings and allowing just 2 or 3 innings.  

Cool. I see a pitcher who's given up 19 homers after giving up 11 all of last year and a pitcher on pace to give up a career high in hits and walks.

I'll plan on the O's having to score at least 6 runs every time he starts from here on out. 

Edited by Matt S

Last 10 starts before tonight: 3.39 ERA, 52 Ks, 13 BBs, 4.17 xFIP, 8-2 team record

We all watched tonight. It sucked. Hopefully you’ll sleep it off and realize in the morning that he’s still one of the 5 best options in the organization at present.

• Upvote 3

So I disagree with the actual premise of the thread.

That said, the rotation is an issue. We have too many “blah” guys. Outside of Wells, who very well may be on an innings limit, and Bradish who do you really feel good about?

I mean, Gibson and Kremer can be good at times but overall, do you feel confident about them when they are out there?

GRod being bad has really hurt this team despite the record. Really be nice if he can get back up here and perform the way we thought.

• Upvote 1