Brandon Snyder receives invite to big league spring training

Baseball7117

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably because Mora and Costanzo are going to be in the WBC.

Good for Brandon. I hope he can show he can stick defensively at either corner...

You may be right, but it's a great idea to give Snyder a taste of major league camp. Even if it's only for the first couple of weeks, it should be a great experience for him.

Just heard this little tidbit and thought I'd share with the masses. He's incredibly excited and seems really pumped to prove he can hang with the big boys.

Congratulations. Keep up the great progress Brandon. We have a slot waiting for you at OPACY.

AND stay healthy.

It always mystifies me why a position player as young as this has problems staying healthy? Baseball isn't that much of a contact sport and if a player keeps himself in good condition at such a young age, the odds are in his favor of staying healthy. I just don't get why the Orioles prospects always seem to have so much trouble in this area? :confused:It sort of makes me question their workouts and conditioning programs.:scratchchinhmm:

It always mystifies me why a position player as young as this has problems staying healthy? Baseball isn't that much of a contact sport and if a player keeps himself in good condition at such a young age, the odds are in his favor of staying healthy. I just don't get why the Orioles prospects always seem to have so much trouble in this area? :confused:It sort of makes me question their workouts and conditioning programs.:scratchchinhmm:

He tore his labrum when he was catching three seasons ago, which is a contact position and that is the only real injury he suffered. He has been basically healthy ever since. These guys play a sport every day for 6 months, of course they are going to have aches and pains.

He tore his labrum when he was catching three seasons ago, which is a contact position and that is the only real injury he suffered. He has been basically healthy ever since. These guys play a sport every day for 6 months, of course they are going to have aches and pains.

Right. On top of that his conditioning/training is definately not an issue. The guy pretty much lives in the gym in the offseason.

Right. On top of that his conditioning/training is definately not an issue. The guy pretty much lives in the gym in the offseason.

Just because you work out a ton, doesn't always mean that you are doing what is correct for your sport, position, body type, etc. I am always pleased to hear that they are working out, instead of just drinking and goofing off in the off-season. But, I have worked on many a patients who work out consistently, but still have major flexibility, weakness, endurance, balance, etc. issues in certain areas. I have to agree with Old Fan that the fact that we have so many injury issues (abdominal strains, labrum issues) with our players is a concern about the type of offseason workouts. These statements are not a reflection on Brandon, but on our minor and major league training as a whole. It would be interesting if there was information on the rate of type of injuries on our players vs the normal/average for the other professional baseball teams. Maybe we are just unlucky? Maybe we are average, but since we follow our team so closely it seems worse? But I think something has to be changed in the future as a system wide program that should be initiated. If it was me and I was spending millions on players, I as an owner would make sure we are up to date, top of the line in regards to individualized programs set up by our team that is scientifically thought out.:)

Archived