Brandon Snyder receives invite to big league spring training

Baseball7117

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice. Aside from the fact that I think he's a good player, Snyder strikes me as a really down-to-earth kid and a hard worker that anyone would welcome as a teammate. His blog during the AFL season gave a bit of insight into his personality and he's a very humble guy. I'm rooting hard for him to succeed.

Very nice. Aside from the fact that I think he's a good player, Snyder strikes me as a really down-to-earth kid and a hard worker that anyone would welcome as a teammate. His blog during the AFL season gave a bit of insight into his personality and he's a very humble guy. I'm rooting hard for him to succeed.

Agree 100%.

• 2 weeks later...

Who...Rowell?

Who...Rowell?

My first thought was that if Rowell could combine his own talent with Snyder's attitude, he'd be a great ball player. Now, I have my doubts. Not too late, I just have my doubts.

My first thought was that if Rowell could combine his own talent with Snyder's attitude, he'd be a great ball player. Now, I have my doubts. Not too late, I just have my doubts.

It's a huge year for Rowell if he wants to firm up his now shaky top prospect status.

Good thoughts, csgordos, particularly in light of the worrisome news about Spoone.

Does anybody recall that so many of the good pitchers we had at the big league level went down with an arm problem of some sort? Guthrie, Sherrill, Johnson, Albers?

Then there's Spoone, Penn, McCrory, Hoey..Ray was out for a year.

Is this normal?

Or, is there a problem with the way this organization handles its pitchers? Worth thinking about.

Best case scenario...Snyder comes up to be the full-time 1B for the O's in 2010, once Huff leaves after this season, and Mora walks as well, leaving 3B open for Rowell. Is this how everything is expected to play out? And do Snyder and Rowell have the tools to be counted on to play the corners for the O's for years to come?

I guess a lot still hinges on this year and how they develop at Bowie. It would be nice if they looked great and were ready by 2010, but I guess they could still spend that year in AAA.

Archived