Brandon Snyder receives invite to big league spring training

Baseball7117

Snyder's future as a 1B or a 3B for us has become quite a hot topic in one of the threads on the "Orioles Talk" board. I guess a lot will depend on how well he plays at either position this year at Bowie (and maybe Norfolk later on). I would hope Rowell will develop well enough to take over whichever corner of the infield Snyder does not. Time will tell.

Of course, there's always the chance that Scott Moore or Mike Costanzo has a great year in AAA and one of them becomes the third baseman of the future for the O's. :D

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snyder WANTS to play 3B (he's a smart kid and knows where his best value would be). The problem is going to be letting him play long enough to really get a feel for it. Remember when we moved Mora to 3B he led the majors in errors through the first few months of the season, they need to just let him play through a stretch like that long enough to see if it will work.

How about Snyder going 2 for 2 in his first spring training game? He's not going to be in the majors on opening day, but he continues to serve notice that he's coming like a freight train.

Great to see he's off to a good start. I've been following him as closely as I can but I haven't seen that he's played any 3B yet, is that the case?

I just got back from O's Spring Training, and saw Snyder. I talked with him (he commented on a picture I had taken of him last year at Frederick) and he said he has lost quite a bit of weight. He looks to be in great shape. He is a nice kid, and seems to have a good attitude. I'm hoping for a big year from him.

I just got back from O's Spring Training, and saw Snyder. I talked with him (he commented on a picture I had taken of him last year at Frederick) and he said he has lost quite a bit of weight. He looks to be in great shape. He is a nice kid, and seems to have a good attitude. I'm hoping for a big year from him.

Any more details about on the field stuff? Did he mention which position he would be playing?

Archived