Adley in the HR Derby

Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I actually like it.  I doubt it has much impact at all but I certainly remember all those moonshots he hit in the minors, maybe a night of just trying to hit dingers and not worrying about taking good ABs will get him in his groove again.

maddux-glavine.gif

52 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

2. that event has proven to mess with players swing’s.

.222/ .293/ .367/ .660  for the month of June.  That's a swing that might benefit from a little messing with.

Jokes aside I would much rather see him get one AB and rest for the remainder of the AS break.

• Haha 1

I'm happy for him. I obviously worry about him being overworked, but his recent slump (hitting and throwing) seems like it might be mental. Maybe All Star weekend will help snap him out of it. Hope he enjoys himself and comes back ready to lead us to a strong 2nd half. 

Love AR and happy for him. That said I was shocked when I saw this news. AR has not shown the HR propensity lately. Hays or Santander or even Gunnar would have been better choices.

First round exit likely. Hope I'm wrong though.

1 minute ago, dtk9119 said:

Love AR and happy for him. That said I was shocked when I saw this news. AR has not shown the HR propensity lately. Hays or Santander or even Gunnar would have been better choices.

First round exit likely. Hope I'm wrong though.

He's fairly local, I wonder if that was a factor?

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s not going to mess with his swing because he already has an upper cut type swing. 

Who in 2023 doesn’t have an uppercut swing? He hits the ball all over the field.  In HR derby he will be in pull mode 100%.  That would be my concern.  

1 hour ago, emmett16 said:

Not a fan of this for a variety of reasons: 

1. that’s an exhausting event 

2. that event has proven to mess with players swing’s. 

3. going max effort like that is a recipe for injury.  Hasn’t happened to my knowledge in MLB but have seen that happen at amateur level a bit.

I understand and commend the man for marketing himself and the team but I don’t think it’s a prudent decision.  

With all that said I’ll be rooting for him :) 

This