Specific Trade Ideas

Greg Pappas

19 minutes ago, OakOrioles said:

You think these teams are just going to give up pieces for no name prospects? The Os have one of the best systems - other teams know it. I’m not saying Mayo has to be included but we are going to have to deal from our talent pool in the minors to add to the majors. 

Id rather deal from the outfield or middle infield depth we have, but have to imagine teams are going to start with players like Hall/Mayo (I’d assume teams know JHoll is off the table for the most part… 

First of all, Hall and Mayo don’t belong in the same sentence.

Second of all, for rentals, these teams are only going to get so much. Chapman, arguably the best reliever that will be traded this year, didn’t get much of a return. The Orioles could trade 2 guys outside their top 10 and teams will be getting a very good return.

There is no reason for the Os to trade any of their top 6 or so prospects for any player likely to be made available this deadline, especially a rental.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, wildcard said:

I'd be searching for a team that values Stowers, Norby and/or Prieto.

Here are the players that may hit the market on teams that might be sellers that I think might help the O's even as rentals. 

Ohtani    Angels

Gioloto    WS

Montgomery   Cards

Stroman    Cubs

E Rod    Tigers

Snell   SD

Robertson  Mets

Raley       Mets

Middleton    WS

Cisneros   Tigers

Hader   SD

Most would take more than the O's want to give up.

I would be watching Means, Voth and  Perez on their rehab to see if trades are even necessary.  

I expect GRod to be added soon and Irvin to go to the pen when he does.

There is NO WAY and I mean ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that the Angels consider trading Ohtani for the package that you suggest.

6 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

There is NO WAY and I mean ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that the Angels consider trading Ohtani for the package that you suggest.

If it’s the best offer they get (which it won’t be but just saying) and they are out of it, it’s either take that offer or get a draft pick and that offer blows away a draft pick.

10 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Not a bad start and by no means nothing to sneeze at.   18 years v. 1/2 is massive.  All 3 of those players have significant value.  Not saying it gets it done, but imagine it won’t be very far off.  

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If it’s the best offer they get (which it won’t be but just saying) and they are out of it, it’s either take that offer or get a draft pick and that offer blows away a draft pick.

??? You just answered the question. That offer will easily be beaten if he is traded. Even teams without nearly the farm system as ours can be that.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

Not a bad start and by no means nothing to sneeze at.   18 years v. 1/2 is massive.  All 3 of those players have significant value.  Not saying it gets it done, but imagine it won’t be very far off.  

I heard a report earlier today that says that the Angels won’t consider trading him unless it’s for 3 top 100 prospects. To me that me that they are at least getting one, maybe 2?

4 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Do you think all three of those will have six years in the majors?

Just now, Bemorewins said:

I heard a report earlier today that says that the Angels won’t consider trading him unless it’s for 3 top 100 prospects. To me that me that they are at least getting one, maybe 2?

Stowers & Norby have been top 100 prospects.  Stowers has MLB time.  All 3 are ready to play MLB.  Again, not saying it gets the deal done but that’s a significant haul.  

8 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

??? You just answered the question. That offer will easily be beaten if he is traded. Even teams without nearly the farm system as ours can be that.

You said they wouldn’t consider trading him for that package. 

My point is that they would if…

1) It’s the best offer

2) They decide they move him for the best offer 

What you didn’t say is, that offer will be beaten, so no need to talk about it for Othani. Those are 2 different points.

32 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Anyone who thinks you get Ohtani for 1 top 100 guy is nuts.  No chance they give him up for that.   That is about what we got for Machado.  And Machado is no Ohtani. 

Norby, Westburg, Ortiz and Basallo are all in either MLB.com or Baseball America's top 100.  Would 3 of them be enough?   

12 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Stowers & Norby have been top 100 prospects.  Stowers has MLB time.  All 3 are ready to play MLB.  Again, not saying it gets the deal done but that’s a significant haul.  

I could see them both being part of the package if a trade was to happen. Btw, I believe that Norby is currently a top 100 prospect. I can’t remember if Stowers ever was, I don’t think that he was but maybe so. I can’t remember. 

All I’ve been hearing this entire season from the Angels is how much they want to resign Ohtani. But now, with Trout’s injury and then pretty much falling out of it, it looks like the Angels are going to be forced into it?

The national media keeps pushing NY Yanks as the team to acquire him. I can’t see with their farm how they could ever beat us in a trade. The Dodgers definitely have the ammo, but why would they give players for him for 2 months and the post season when they can sign him in the offseason?

I have believed for the entire season that Ohtani is/was a pipe dream. And he probably still is. But I have to admit that for the first time today I actually entertained the idea. If we were able to acquire him, I think we would be the favorite in the AL.

These next couple of weeks will be VERY interesting!

52 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Interesting take here after you said any of the O’s top 6 are off the table for the deal I mentioned, what if that’s the market value and what the teams willing to buy will go to?