Jordan Westburg’s D

ChuckS

Before he came up, I heard everything from adequate to below average/may need to move to LF or 1B in regards to his infield defense. 

He looks pretty damn good defensively so far. Sure handed and plenty of arm for second or third. Now maybe a larger sample size will prove otherwise, but I feel pretty good right now when he’s on the field, and likely an upgrade to Frazier in both arm and range. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Before he came up, I heard everything from adequate to below average/may need to move to LF or 1B in regards to his infield defense. 

He looks pretty damn good defensively so far. Sure handed and plenty of arm for second or third. Now maybe a larger sample size will prove otherwise, but I feel pretty good right now when he’s on the field, and likely an upgrade to Frazier in both arm and range. 

I was thinking the same thing.  He looks better than I expected him to.  Not a cannon, but enough arm for 3B; and not a potential gold glover but looks very solid from the different types of plays I've seen him make.

34 minutes ago, Dunk35 said:

It's hard to decide who we want going forward between Ortiz and Westburg at 2b. I lean Westy so far but Joey just hasnt had the opportunity. 

Westburg at 2B, Ortiz at SS. Best of both worlds. See how they do with Gunnar 3B to start next year, then decide. There is still probably room for all three and Holliday when he is ready. Probably one of them will end up being the utility guy and that's OK. 

22 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Westburg at 2B, Ortiz at SS. Best of both worlds. See how they do with Gunnar 3B to start next year, then decide. There is still probably room for all three and Holliday when he is ready. Probably one of them will end up being the utility guy and that's OK. 

If the Orioles want to go that route then I would be shopping Urias at the trade deadline. Maybe Elias doesn't want to go too rookie heavy and will hold onto Urias until the season concludes before shopping him.

Urias could be part of a trade package to land an elite bullpen arm. A quality reliever to bridge the gap from the starting rotation to Cano/Bautista would be a huge boost.