Tejada is back and killing us again!

melankfo

It definitely looked like he called off Gomez. I don't think either of them had much of a chance to get the out at first, but Tejada with his arm probably had a slightly better chance.

Sounds like a difference of opinion. There were still two players involved and I was listening to the radio. Manfra and Angel seemed to think it was Gomez's fault. Their take on it supports my opinion, thus it's the gospel. :D

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BTW, no one wants to discuss Miguel's HR? That ball was crushed and it was only Okajima's third HR allowed this year in 52 2/3 innings.

Nah..His power is gone, Miggy sucks and he beats little kids and drown kittens for fun.

He is a horrible human being...Both him and Bedard have no heart.

Nothing pisses me off on this board more than mindless Tejada bashing.

I wouldn't go as far as SG and say he has been brilliant defensivly since coming back, but he has been very good.

And I love that any time Miggy hits a ground ball, he doesn't run it out. He doesn't care. He sucks. Let's have more Brandon Fahey. Some of you are ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Julio Lugo is hardly a good comparison. He's an awful shortstop and an awful player. Nobody brings up his mistakes because it's a given that he stinks. If somebody came on here and posted that he was brilliant, they'd absolutely be skewered. Miguel Tejada is absolutely a better shortstop than Julio Lugo in every possible way. That doesn't and shouldn't mean that he's above criticism.

Nobody is above criticism, certainly including Tejada. As to Lugo, the Red Sox thought enough of him to sign him for 4 years, $36 mm plus a vesting option for a 5th year. I thought Theo Epstein was a genius and much smarter than our front office?

The way it was described in this thread and the way Angel and Manfra jumped on Gomez for it tells me that.

Sounds like Miggy thought Gomez would get and when Gomez decided to let it go, Miggy was surrpised and had to rush the throw because Lugo was running.

Angel and Manfra were saying that Gomez had to get that ball and that he caused the error even though it was Tejada who threw it.

It certainly looked like Tejada called Gomez off. He defintiely yelled something and then Gomez backed away from the ball. The error was absolutely on Tejada, as he tryed to rush the throw to make the play and threw the ball away. Gomez had nothing to do with that.

To me it looked like Miggy knew Gomez wouldn't be able to get the ball there in time so he called him off and tried to make a strong throw to get the out. He might have been able to get him with a great throw, but it was low and got psat Millar. Definitely an error on the throw, but I don't think it was a huge mental mistake like others in the thread have suggested. He tried to make an aggressive play and got burned. Probably would have been best off eating the ball and keeping Lugo(?) at 2nd base.

Did anyone see that lame 6-4-3 DP Tejada started in the first? What an awful play that was too. Everyone's right, he's terrible. He's also responsible for the increased pollution in the bay, graffitti on the walls, and the increase in foreclosures in the real estate market. Don't ask me how I know, it's just obvious. Duhhhhhhh.

Anyone who disagrees simply isn't paying attention. Someone ran my mom off the road on 695 the day before yesterday. I blame Tejada's poor defense and loafing entirely. We'll see if Geico feels the same way. If not, they don't know anything about baseball.

Nah..His power is gone, Miggy sucks and he beats little kids and drown kittens for fun.

He is a horrible human being...Both him and Bedard have no heart.

Number 1 thing that pisses me off about this board sometimes- Tejada bashing

Number 2: Bedard has no heart.

Clowns.

This city and its fans have an odd tendency when things go awry to blame the best player on the team. It happened to Eddie Murray. It happened to Cal. Now it's happening on certain levels to Miguel Tejada.

It's just not right. How about the Shuey/Parrish/Bradford implosion last night? How about Jay Payton's lack of patience at the plate? How about any other guy in the lineup that didn't come through with runners on? No? It's Tejada that's killing us. Well, my friend, I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that there are at least 15-20 other Major League teams that would welcome the opportunity to have Tejada "killing" them in for their team.

I agree. The onus seems to be on the good players for not being superhuman, but it's never on the bad players for not being even average. It's more than a little ridiculous.

I agree. The onus seems to be on the good players for not being superhuman, but it's never on the bad players for not being even average. It's more than a little ridiculous.

This pretty much describes a good amount of threads started here the last few days.

I don't know what is going on but it is getting to the point of absurdity.

Anyone who disagrees simply isn't paying attention. Someone ran my mom off the road on 695 the day before yesterday. I blame Tejada's poor defense and loafing entirely. We'll see if Geico feels the same way. If not, they don't know anything about baseball.

If Luis Hernandez was playing that wouldn't have happened.

As I said before, I value any and all opinions. But when they aren't backed by any sense of reality, then I'm going to call you out on it. I have stats and common sense backing up what I have to say, and I expect the same of others. You cannot spout off nonsense and claim it as fact.

Bottom line: When you have a reactionary post such as this with no statistical backing whatsoever, prepare to be roasted for it. And deservedly so.

So, when I said that I'm not surprised Tejada gets criticized for being an under performing superperstar, I should use statistics to back that up or fear being roasted by you? I'll leave the statistical checking to you, and I think you'll see that he's not quite performing up to snuff. I didn't say the team's struggles are all his fault, and I did say that the criticism is overblown. However, I feel it's obvious that the team's struggles are partially his fault. So, roast away at my reactionary post. Maybe you should start the Orioles Quantitative Hangout since posters like myself aren't up to your level of intellect.

Seriously. Some of the threads were ridiculous last night. I get home and take a look at the OH around midnight or so, and I just figured Tejada has physically assaulted someone.

Only to find out he had actually hit a homerun, made a few nice plays at short, but also grounded into a double play with a guy at third and made one error. What a bum. Let's just DFA him so we can get Fahey and Hernandez in here. At least when they ground into double plays they hustle. :rolleyes:

Yeah, there are never threads about how much people hate Gibbons, Huff or the bullpen. :rolleyes: There's a lot of complaining to go around. When a team loses, fans get mad and complain. That's just how the world works. It's not like the people who do most of the complaining about the Tejada bashing are all sweetness and light the rest of the time. We're all just disgruntled fans lashing out at anyone and everyone. It's just the internet, people should be allowed to blow off their steam. It's not like poor little Miguel Tejada is being hurt by making $13 million a year to have people complain about his defense.

This city and its fans have an odd tendency when things go awry to blame the best player on the team. It happened to Eddie Murray. It happened to Cal. Now it's happening on certain levels to Miguel Tejada.

I don't think that you can pin that on Baltimore alone. All cities are like that. The star gets blamed when things go bad, and he gets the credit when things go right. That comes with the territory. When Peyton Manning didn't make the SB, he was a Dan Marino type, unable to win the big game. Now, he's a stud. The primary blame isn't given to the Paul Shuey's of the world because nobody expects anything from them. Should he get some of the blame? Absolutely. Should Miggy get some too? Absolutely. But, does Miggy also get more than he should? Of course, and that isn't going to change, and it certainlly isn't an indictment of Baltimore fans.

Yeah, there are never threads about how much people hate Gibbons, Huff or the bullpen. :rolleyes: There's a lot of complaining to go around. When a team loses, fans get mad and complain. That's just how the world works. It's not like the people who do most of the complaining about the Tejada bashing are all sweetness and light the rest of the time. We're all just disgruntled fans lashing out at anyone and everyone. It's just the internet, people should be allowed to blow off their steam. It's not like poor little Miguel Tejada is being hurt by making $13 million a year to have people complain about his defense.

But that's the whole point. The bullpen guys (Shuey and Parrish) suck. Gibbons and Huff have sucked this year. They deserve to get harassed. Tejada is one of our best players, and they way people bash him around here you would think he was one of our worst.

Archived