Tejada is back and killing us again!

melankfo

Why can't anyone on this board have a debate about Miguel Tejada without lobbing personal insults at eachother? I would assume none of us are this snippy with other people in real conversation, why do it on the internet? Say your piece about Miggy, disagree respectfully and be done!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you ever not be condescenidng to someone who posts something you don't agree with?

When Tejada had more power, it was easier to take his free swinging. Now with less power he really would help us more if he was more disciplined at the plate.

I strive for being better...I guess you strive for accepting things the way they are. I'll take my outlook over yours anyday.

I don't see how that was condescending.

His free swinging is just his way of hitting. If he stopped being so freeswinging, I doubt he'd have the same type of batting average and power (although its been down this year) as he's had. I don't think Tejada would benefit from trying to change his approach. I think he needs to improve upon his declining power numbers, but I don't think him making a concentrated effort to be less freeswinging is the best way for him to do that.

The front office needs to do a better job of getting a mix of guys who are patient hitters (Millar, Roberts) and guys who might be free swingers (Tejada and everybody else) rather than trying to change the guys we already have into being something they are not.

Why can't anyone on this board have a debate about Miguel Tejada without lobbing personal insults at eachother? I would assume none of us are this snippy with other people in real conversation, why do it on the internet? Say your piece about Miggy, disagree respectfully and be done!

Why don't you stay out of this you little...:D

I kid, I kid. Your point is well taken.

His free swinging is just his way of hitting. If he stopped being so freeswinging, I doubt he'd have the same type of batting average and power (although its been down this year) as he's had. I don't think Tejada would benefit from trying to change his approach. I think he needs to improve upon his declining power numbers, but I don't think him making a concentrated effort to be less freeswinging is the best way for him to do that.

The front office needs to do a better job of getting a mix of guys who are patient hitters (Millar, Roberts) and guys who might be free swingers (Tejada and everybody else) rather than trying to change the guys we already have into being something they are not.

Your response said why not have Guthrie throw left handed...that was condescending....you're that way and don't realize it.

Tejada also broke my ipod. Can't they just trade him already? Now I have to drive out to Millersville this afternoon, and then go to my parent's in Bowie so I can cook up a bunch of meat that's thawed out and going bad. TRADE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

Tejada also broke my ipod. Can't they just trade him already? Now I have to drive out to Millersville this afternoon, and then go to my parent's in Bowie so I can cook up a bunch of meat that's thawed out and going bad. TRADE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

Or at least fine him the cost of a replacement plus your "pain and suffering.";)

Maybe you're right, he wouldn't be as good if he wasn't such a free swinger but...why not try it.

His rbi production has been down. If he was more disciplined at the plate I think he would be driving in more runs especially since he's now much more of a singles hitter.

Mackus:

Where's Bgfield and VaTech demanding stats and proof on this opinion??

Obviously this is just speculation based on Miguel Tejada, but how many hitters have changed from being freeswingers for ~10 years in the bigs to becoming considerably more patient hitters.

A bit more patience would be nice, but a complete overhaul of his approach to hitting is probably asking way too much.

Mackus:

Where's Bgfield and VaTech demanding stats and proof on this opinion??

Mackus is probably right. That's a reasonable opinion: Tejada has always been impatient + Tejada has been successful with that approach = Tejada probably should stick with what works for him.

FWIW, my major beef with Tejada is not swinging early in counts, but poor pitch-recognition and -selection. If he swings at a juicy first-pitch fastball and pops it up, then OK; if he strikes out on three straight curves in the dirt and misses them by three feet because he thought they were fastballs, then I tend to get irritated about that.

Can you ever not be condescenidng to someone who posts something you don't agree with?

When Tejada had more power, it was easier to take his free swinging. Now with less power he really would help us more if he was more disciplined at the plate.

I strive for being better...I guess you strive for accepting things the way they are. I'll take my outlook over yours anyday.

I don't think the comments were necessarily condescending. But anyways, every player in the Majors woudl be better if they did something better. Brandon Fahey would be a much better player if he hit 340 or hit 20 Hrs. Yes Miggy might be able to be a little better if he was more discerning at the plate. But he is not the problem with the team and to be overly critical of him is simply not fair.

Tejada's error last night resulted (IMHO) from wanting to do too much, from trying too hard. That ball should have wound up in his pocket, not zipping past Millar.

I agree with those who stress the value of patience at the plate, but that doesn't mean Tejada has to.

I just don't get how a position player doesn't notice how much pitchers hate those guys, though. You have to believe that Millar gets more strikes thrown to him because pitchers know he isn't going after marginal pitches (usually, anyway).

Archived