Magic Number !!

vab

So I read this recently:

Here is what the Rays would need depending on how the O's finish their last 10 games to get the division:

O's go 0-10, Rays go 3-6

O's go 1-9, Rays go 4-5

O's go 2-8, Rays go 5-4

O's go 3-7, Rays go 6-3

O's go 4-6, Rays go 7-2

O's go 5-5, Rays go 8-1

O's go 6-4, Rays go 9-0

O's go 7-3, O's clinch

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

So I read this recently:

Here is what the Rays would need depending on how the O's finish their last 10 games to get the division:

O's go 0-10, Rays go 3-6

O's go 1-9, Rays go 4-5

O's go 2-8, Rays go 5-4

O's go 3-7, Rays go 6-3

O's go 4-6, Rays go 7-2

O's go 5-5, Rays go 8-1

O's go 6-4, Rays go 9-0

O's go 7-3, O's clinch

Yes, that's it. I like to read this table from right to left. TB should lose at least three more games, I think. In this case, the O's only need to go 3-7.

1 hour ago, MCO'sFan said:

Kind of a rant but why can’t MLB’s App (At Bat) get the magic number correct? Unless I am missing something they have the Rays at 8 games and it should be 7 and the Blue Jays at 1 when they are eliminated. Seems like they don’t include the tiebreaker in their calculation 

Maybe the half game is throwing it off somehow. The calculation on the MLB site is rounding up? Just a guess.🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

It sucks that we are going to take this to the wire it seems. Lord, please don't let these O's have an epic collapse.

First of all, how would this work any other way than to the wire.  But mostly, if somehow the Orioles are unable to hold on to their lead, characterizing it as an epic collapse would be ridiculous.

Let's keep our heads on straight and see if we can't hold on and close this magical regular season  out.  No one ever said it was going to be easy.