Friday, July 21: Showdown in St Pete continues

SteveA

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

It would help if our guys knew how to swing when they are strikes. 

Hey, Elias has selected guys for a patient approach, and that is what is taught in our system.

And most of the time we all like it.   People want Mountcastle to walk the plank because he doesn't fit the EliasOriole mode.

But when you have a pitcher who is painting the corners like Maddux and helped by a big strike zone... that's not good for our team.

• Upvote 2

On the up side: Bradish continues to advance to special status. Saw that Fujinami does have the stuff and some signs that Perez might be on the mend. If Gunnar and Urias keep making fantastic plays we are by no means dependent on Mateo and Frazier.

Edited by LA2

Umpires suck.  Anyone want to see horrible umpiring go on youtube and watch the Kerry Wood 20 strike out game.  The umpire was calling stuff six inches to nine inches off the plate strikes.  The Umpire was getting excited and just  going with it getting more and more pumped he was striking tons out.  Watch it.  Its will make you vomit.  

20 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

That's fine/fair. He is better at SS than 3B right now, and if it means no Mateo then I'm for it.

Maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on the long-term. It's just a general principle that it doesn't do a developing player looking for their footing many favors to be constantly shifting their position. It's like the offensive linemen who get jerked around from guard to tackle and never settle.

I agree! Leave him be at SS and let him continue to shine. There's no need to move him now because of what MIGHT happen in the future.