My Thoughts on Today’s Game

RZNJ

8 hours ago, now said:

I chalk this one up to the Karma Police. ;)

(Additional data: all 4 minors teams lose: A, A+, AA, AAA; Bowie and Norfolk by a combined 21-4.)

On “Free “Kelvin” Brown” day no less.  Flush it!😇

Edited by bobmc

1 minute ago, Fan4Life said:

I think Hyde needs to be able to SEE when Felix doesn't have it and not just stick with him because he is "The Closer". 

Good luck finding a manager who’s going to do that. Not just with Bautista but any closer. 

9 minutes ago, Fan4Life said:

I think Hyde needs to be able to SEE when Felix doesn't have it and not just stick with him because he is "The Closer". 

I don't think there was much indication that Bautista didn't have it.

• The walk to Singleton was bad, but I somewhat blame the pitch selection there.  He can't hit.  Just throw meat right down the middle and if he gets a hit so be it.  But you can't walk him.
  • Duck fart single to Altuve
  • Strikes out a very good hitter in Bregman
  • Alvarez and Tucker are great hitters.  Middle of the order bats for the WS champs.  Alvarez hit the ball hard but yeah, should have been an out.  Tucker was a mm away from a foul tip strikeout.  Tucker has a great AB and catches up to fastball.  Tip your cap to him.
  • Strikes out Diaz

Velo was up, honestly I don't think the command was that bad.  If that game is against any other team it's probably an easy save.  Just gotta credit the other team sometimes.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I don't think there was much indication that Bautista didn't have it.

• The walk to Singleton was bad, but I somewhat blame the pitch selection there.  He can't hit.  Just throw meat right down the middle and if he gets a hit so be it.  But you can't walk him.
  • Duck fart single to Altuve
  • Strikes out a very good hitter in Bregman
  • Alvarez and Tucker are great hitters.  Middle of the order bats for the WS champs.  Alvarez hit the ball hard but yeah, should have been an out.  Tucker was a mm away from a foul tip strikeout.  Tucker has a great AB and catches up to fastball.  Tip your cap to him.
  • Strikes out Diaz

Velo was up, honestly I don't think the command was that bad.  If that game is against any other team it's probably an easy save.  Just gotta credit the other team sometimes.

Why is that we never want to credit the other guys and just tear down our own?

That team over there is the best organization in the sport. 6 straight ALCS’s. 2 titles. They are the AL favorite.

There is a reason for that.

Tucker had an amazing at bat and did what he needed to do. Tip of the cap to him.

• Upvote 1

Last night just felt like a game we were fated to lose.  The main trifecta of evidentiary plays in my mind:

1) Mateo called out incorrectly after the review in the second, costing us a critical run when Adley homers moments later. 

2) McCann dropping the strike 3 foul tip on Tucker in the 9th, allowing him to subsequently hit the game-winning homer (not saying that it was easy to hold on to, just saying it felt like the baseball gods gave that a ball little shove to knock it out of his glove).  

3) As the hammer cap of fate, the final strikeout of our last hitter was on a ball three inches inside, and we were denied a base runner that we can make an attempt to get in.

Message received, baseball gods.  The Orioles have taken their karmic punishment. 

Now if you could please shift this away from the players and fans, who had nothing to do with any of this, and focus it on our owner, that'd be great.  Maybe a bunch of people can fart in a crowded elevator boarded by JA?  I don't know, I'm not practiced in doling out karmic punishments.  🤷‍♂️

Edited by Morgan423