Yankee fan criticizes the O's- calls them a "smoke and mirrors" team...

DocJJ

I saw this posted on a Yankee$ fan website:

"The O's will collapse down the stretch.  They are winning with guile and smoke and mirrors- it won't be sustainable.  They have 3 average-ish starters whose arms will fall off from never having thrown this much before.  They have no ace or even near top of rotation quality starter.  Middle relief is poor.  The back end is good but, my god, those poor guys pitch like every night.   Lineup is spotty and they have no middle of order masher bat..."

Valid concerns?  or Sour grapes?

Bradish and Wells have well above average ERAs. Bradish's 3.05 is pretty ace-like. I'll bet Grayson's ERA from here out is above average. The idea that pitcher's arms are destined to fall off if they throw more innings than they ever have before is ridiculous. Middle relief isn't great, but I think poor is a little harsh. He's right about the back end, but so far it hasn't been an issue. Lineup is pretty far from spotty and while we don't have a middle of the order masher, we have a very solid hitters at most lineup positions every night.

Edited by ChosenOne21

10 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

"The O's will collapse down the stretch.  They are winning with guile and smoke and mirrors- it won't be sustainable.  They have 3 average-ish starters whose arms will fall off from never having thrown this much before.  They have no ace or even near top of rotation quality starter.  Middle relief is poor.  The back end is good but, my god, those poor guys pitch like every night.   Lineup is spotty and they have no middle of order masher bat..."

Opinions are like butt holes.Everybody has one! Yankees fans are spoiled by an unfair payroll and can’t handle it when it isn’t working out.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

Sour grapes. What he is really saying is not that the Orioles don't have good players, it's that they don't have any overpaid prima donas. His team is full of them and can barely hang over .500.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

I could care less what some random bitter Yankees' fan feels about our team. They are entitled to their opinion and to be honest if I was one of them I would be mad/jealous too.

Here's what I will say to a Yankees' fan or any other fan in this division/league... "Good luck with that. I hope you get a long look at our team and get used to it because this is the way that it is and will be for a while."

• Like 1

Valid criticisms.  I don't think the O's will collapse simply because they have a massive belief in themselves.....but no the team as it is today is not as talented as a few other top teams.

Give them another year with some trade/FA additions and the maturation  of the current call ups and new ones like HK and Holliday?

Could be a dynasty in the making.

34 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

I know about a dozen posters here that say the same thing near daily.