Yankee fan criticizes the O's- calls them a "smoke and mirrors" team...

DocJJ

2 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

The Yankee fan didn't say anything I don't hear in these comments every day.  

No posters think the teams success is smoke and mirrors. Posters point out weaknesses and share anxiety about them, but I haven’t seen a poster really express the idea that the. orioles are going to collapse. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, baltfan said:

This is simplistic.  Those Cleveland teams from the 90s and these Braves teams both have guys that came up together. That surely plays some role. 

When the Orioles start handing out proactive extensions like the Braves have done, I will be very impressed and completely shocked.

With the horror show ownership that we have, do you think that is even a remote possibility?

12 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think the criticisms/concerns about our pitchers are legit.   I think the NYY fan undersells our position players.  The offense has been steady all year and will continue to be so.  

Couldn’t agree more. The criticism of the offense was BS. The ones about the pitching were valid. 

That being said, people thought they’d collapse in 2012 and 2014 too. They didn’t have a TOR or a superstar hitter. Their bullpens were better than this team’s, but I feel there are a lot of similarities. 

49 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Couldn’t agree more. The criticism of the offense was BS. The ones about the pitching were valid. 

That being said, people thought they’d collapse in 2012 and 2014 too. They didn’t have a TOR or a superstar hitter. Their bullpens were better than this team’s, but I feel there are a lot of similarities. 

I agree.   The bullpen is a big difference, though, and potentially a real problem down the stretch.   On the other hand, the 2012 and 2014 offenses were much more feee-swinging teams prone to hot and cold stretches.  This team is more patient and steady.  

Edited by Frobby

I saw something on Facebook last week that seemed to be from a legitimate media outlet - could have even been from YES - that said something to the effect of "Yankees are comfortable with current roster, but plan to address C, OF, SP, and RP options at the trade deadline."

So, we good, but we also plan to overhaul 40% of our roster. LOL

The Yankees and their fans are delusional. They're so frustrated that they haven't won a championship since 2009, compounded by the fact that their most recent legitimate bid at it was thwarted by a dwarf with a buzzer under his jersey, that their perception of reality is utterly baseless. Honestly, I love the insanity. Desperation leads to poor decisions, and that's what we want them to do. 

20 hours ago, NashLumber said:

Maybe the O's can run with this as the final stretch marketing. 

The '23 Orioles. Smoke AND Mirrors. Appearing nightly. 

I love it.  Great video of HRs and strikeouts with lots of mirroring images and smoke effects.

I think most of us have expressed concerns about the sustainability of their win percentage with the current run differential, but the club has made callups to solidify the lineup and are in a position to trade for pitching if the price is right. 

• Upvote 1