Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

1 hour ago, crawjo said:

I'd say our only untouchable prospect is Jackson Holliday. And you aren't going to trade Rutschman or Henderson. I would absolutely move Westburg or Cowser in a deal for Gilbert. 

There is a frequent reference to a group of about 6 prospects starting with Holliday.  I don't think anyone but Holliday should be untouchable.  So 2 of Cowser, Mayo, Kjerstad, Westbury and Gray Rod (or whoever are your next 5 prospects after Holliday).

5 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

There is a frequent reference to a group of about 6 prospects starting with Holliday.  I don't think anyone but Holliday should be untouchable.  So 2 of Cowser, Mayo, Kjerstad, Westbury and Gray Rod (or whoever are your next 5 prospects after Holliday).

One of the Orioles writer said it was Holiday, Kjerstad, and Gray Rod sometime in late June. I’d expect Mayo probably hits that list also.

Maybe he’s flexible if it’s a TOR with years of control but I don’t expect these guys to be traded for a BP Arm or a 2 month playoff run this season.

8 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t think I would trade either Norby or Povich for him unless they feel there is something they can unlock to get him to miss more bats and get more Ks.

I think Elias targets those types of guys. I don’t understand the obsession with Povich at this point. He has 2 straight years of a mid 4 era in the minors. Reminds me of last year when everyone expected Hall to be the savior. He struggled completing 5, his walk number was too high, and his ERA was MEH.

2 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I seriously doubt Hyde would be notified of a “potential” trade mid-game.

Seriously? They have phones in the dugout. Not only do I thinks it’s possible I’m positive it has happened. Managers have pulled players out of games due to a pending trade or a deal that was close.

An injury would screw the deal up.

Edited by Roll Tide
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I think Elias targets those types of guys. I don’t understand the obsession with Povich at this point. He has 2 straight years of a mid 4 era in the minors. Reminds me of last year when everyone expected Hall to be the savior. He struggled completing 5, his walk number was too high, and his ERA was MEH.

Povich has averaged 13.6K per 9 over the last two years.  If he can harness his control he would be a beast.

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Seriously? They have phones in the dugout. Not only do I thinks it’s possible I’m positive it has happened. Managers have pulled players out of games due to a pending trade or a deal that was close.

Who was been taken out for a deal the was close? Not an agreement that was pending physicals, but just close.

23 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Who was been taken out for a deal the was close? Not an agreement that was pending physicals, but just close.

wasn't there a player for the Mets that was taken out of a game for a trade that was all but completed and he said good bye to his teammates and then the deal was scratched. 

17 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

wasn't there a player for the Mets that was taken out of a game for a trade that was all but completed and he said good bye to his teammates and then the deal was scratched. 

Wilmer Flores

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2534793-botched-carlos-gomez-deal-wilmer-flores-tears-send-mets-to-bizarre-new-low

Edited by orioles119

47 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I remember Jose Cansrco being pulled in the middle of an A’s game because he was just traded to the Rangers in 1992. 

Well, we could use another starting pitcher or relief pitcher, because we are thin there.  We are flush with good position players and have enough depth to weather some injuries.  The Orioles are 16-9 in July, which is a 0.640 winning percentage.  Only Altlanta is better and NOBODY is even at 0.600.   Why is there this panic about having to make a trade move at any cost?  I think too many people here understand baseball from playing video games or fantacy leagues.

Just now, 2001OriolesFan said:

Well, we could use another starting pitcher or relief pitcher, because we are thin there.  We are flush with good position players and have enough depth to weather some injuries.  The Orioles are 16-9 in July, which is a 0.640 winning percentage.  Only Altlanta is better and NOBODY is even at 0.600.   Why is there this panic about having to make a trade move at any cost?  I think too many people here understand baseball from playing video games or fantacy leagues.

Because winning in a July is far different than winning in October.