Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

2 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Sure I can agree with this, but the White Sox are likely overvaluing considerably and that’s a big problem. 

Bingo. Don’t be on the wrong side of this generation’s Erik Bedard trade. I’m not saying don’t get Cease, but I’m not going to overpay for a pitcher with one great season.

Just now, bluedog said:

It's hilarious that the Mets extracted a top 100 prospect from the Rangers by shipping them Scherzer and then another top 100 from the Astros for Verlander.

Basically both teams just stayed on par with each other but lost a quality prospect in the process...

That's what "win now" looks like. Texas has dumped a ton of money into this roster, and Houston probably sees the window closing at some point soon. Neither of these conditions apply to us.

1 minute ago, Fan4Life said:

This guy isn't much of an upgrade... 

image.png.f17a68ea00984ce55111c6425d170aec.png

Soo innings pitched?.. the end-all be-all of pitcher effectiveness?

You're on another planet if you don't think Cease is a big boost to our current rotation as well as our future starting rotation outlook. Zoom out. Look around. Consider the context.

I'm not saying you throw it all away for this guy, but the way some here are talking about him as if he's another Miguel Gonzalez is just silly. Granted, he's not having the best stretch recently, maybe that's opening a window for negotiation in the Warehouse. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Bingo. Don’t be on the wrong side of this generation’s Erik Bedard trade. I’m not saying don’t get Cease, but I’m not going to overpay for a pitcher with one great season.

Does Cease have any injury history of note?

Just now, justD said:

Don't care one way or the other, but did you see that sign?  It featured flashing strobes and a "tweet" sound every time it lit up.  

Oh it was completely obnoxious, totally agree. 

I mean the dude named one of his kids Sideræl. I had to copy & paste that b/c I couldn't figure out how to type it. 

He's ... what's the word?

"Eccentric." 

• Like 1

Why hasn't there been any buzz about the relief pitchers we need for our bullpen? I'm looking at guys like...

Brooks Raly

Brent Suter

David Bednar

The Padres just acquired a starter so circle back and see if Blake Snell can be pryed away. They gotta get something if he's just going to walk away in a couple months.

I'd rather offer a package to the Brewers for Burnes than I would Cease, because they're both going to cost about the same.  I don't think Cease is a bad player but Chicago severely over rates Cease. 

The more this is shaping out as the dominos fall and the White Sox over rating their players, the more I'm considering that idea of peanuts to try and get Jordan Lyles back to eat up some innings.

Time to start thinking outaide the box! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's smart to put the big money teams on your NT list, you can leverage them to get you to waive it.

Who's worried about the Marlins trading for you?

Ah, thanks for the explanation, that does make sense.  M was the financial wizard in the house; talking about something even as straightforward as leverage makes my eyes glaze over. 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Oh it was completely obnoxious, totally agree. 

I mean the dude named one of his kids Sideræl. I had to copy & paste that b/c I couldn't figure out how to type it. 

He's ... what's the word?

"Eccentric." 

Howard Hughes before he starts pissing in jars and hiding out in Mexico.

3 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

I hate to tell you, but there aren't that many pitcher who average 6+ innings these days and even fewer who do it with the peripherals that Cease does. Also, you made me defend a White Sox player and now I'm super salty. 

Likely true, sad, but true. But isn't worth a Kjerstad, Cowser etal. I'm not sure he averages 6 innings but it's close. 

8 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Why hasn't there been any buzz about the relief pitchers we need for our bullpen? I'm looking at guys like...

Brooks Raly

Brent Suter

David Bednar

The Padres just acquired a starter so circle back and see if Blake Snell can be pryed away. They gotta get something if he's just going to walk away in a couple months.

I'd rather offer a package to the Brewers for Burnes than I would Cease, because they're both going to cost about the same.  I don't think Cease is a bad player but Chicago severely over rates Cease. 

The more this is shaping out as the dominos fall and the White Sox over rating their players, the more I'm considering that idea of peanuts to try and get Jordan Lyles back to eat up some innings.

Time to start thinking outaide the box! 

Based on the seeming unwillingness to part with significant prospects in other deals, I'd be kind of shocked if the Orioles paid for Bednar who is going to require a haul