Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

6 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Mitch Keller is a pitcher I would have imagined would draw more interest than I've heard too. It's like no one talks about the Pirates.

I don't think the Pirates ever had any real intention of trading Keller or Bednar. Just silly media unsubstantiated speculation. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

For Cease, I'm offering Norby, Povich, and 1 or 2 guys from the DSL. 

I feel like that's pretty fair honestly. 

I wouldn’t trade Bradish, Kremer, Grayson, or Wells for that. But then again, 3/4 of them are better than Cease. Cease isn’t that good. I’d like to get Ed Rod. Lorenzen would be nice. But… we do have the best record in the AL without them. 

Just now, CallMeBrooksie said:

Standing pat with our current starting rotation is certainly a choice... 

They aren't a bad group.. you just don't know who you will get on any given day. All of them can go 6 giving up 2 or less from time to time.. or blow up in the first inning. 

When people are looking at Cease's ERA you have to remember that he has one of the 4 worst defenses in baseball playing behind him. His ERA would see a fairly significant decline with a solid defense. The WSox have a -102 DRS from 2020-2023, credit to 1908 on another message board for looking that up. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Fan4Life said:

They aren't a bad group.. you just don't know who you will get on any given day. All of them can go 6 giving up 2 or less from time to time.. or blow up in the first inning. 

Awesome. Sounds like they're ready for a title run. Oh, and you forgot to mention there's currently only four of them.

Just now, Tryptamine said:

When people are looking at Cease's ERA you have to remember that he has one of the 4 worst defenses in baseball playing behind him. His ERA would see a fairly significant decline with a solid defense. The WSox have a -102 DRS from 2020-2023, credit to 1908 on another message board for looking that up. 

If I am Elias I take that into consideration but I tell the Sox yeah sure.

Just now, Tryptamine said:

Nah, man. Tyler Wells is clearly a better pitcher than Cease /s

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I wouldn’t trade Bradish, Kremer, Grayson, or Wells for that. But then again, 3/4 of them are better than Cease. Cease isn’t that good. I’d like to get Ed Rod. Lorenzen would be nice. But… we do have the best record in the AL without them. 

Come on.  None of those guys are better than Cease. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1