Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

9 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

What are the Orioles in DRS?  Fangraphs has us as the #25 defense in baseball, worse than the Cardinals. 

We are 18th at +5 and St Louis is 28th at -22 (yikes).

Strangely, our worst position is CF at -7.

7 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Wells is extremely homer prone (like amongst the worst in MLB). Do you want that in the bp for the stretch run/playoffs where runs will be at a premium?

I don't see how anyone thinks that proposition can be attractive. It's a cheap way to continue to hedge and not spend.

If we are this good and won't spend literally like anything, it's hard for me to see a very promising future with serious shots at parades. We make the Rays risk assessment look like the Padres compared to us.

I do think Wells will have a different approach in 3-out situations, that may not make him as homer prone.  He was, as one point, an effective reliever.  I think he can be that again without have to worry about going 5+ innings.  Just my opinion, and I really want to be right, not for my sake, but for the O's.

This is the trade i hoped to materialize. We were running low on starters and really nedded this infusion!

#4 SP, but gives y' a chance to win most outings. This deal was a must-happen if  you want the bullpen to survive in the long run. We'll see thursday what we got!

Welcome to Birdland Jack! 

4 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

They can't even give him a qualifying offer so they lose him for absolutely nothing now. That's unimaginably terrible by their front office. 

- ERod gives team ten teams he won't play for

- Tigers negotiate with one of those teams up to the trade deadline

- Tigers then ask ERod (or his agent) for an okay, and he declines

Wow.

30 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

I wish we got a better starter as well. Prieto's ceiling is slightly better Hanser Alberto, IMO. I can live without that.

Flaherty is here as a veteran to fill Well's hole in the rotation. He can't do worse than Wells was doing. So that makes sense. If someone was waiting for a big splash, sure, that's not it. Bullpen is still shaky, unless Wells can be successful there.

1 minute ago, 25 Nuggets said:

- ERod gives team ten teams he won't play for

- Tigers negotiate with one of those teams up to the trade deadline

- Tigers then ask ERod (or his agent) for an okay, and he declines

Wow.

Yeah that makes no sense unless they think they have a shot at keeping him.