Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

2 hours ago, HakunaSakata said:

I don't want to overpay for Civale's mid 2s ERA. His xERA is a full run higher and he's been topping out at around 90 mph lately. If we're going to trade with Cleveland I'd much rather make a prospect for prospect swap and target G.Williams, L.Allen, or T.Bibee. Anyone of them could slot into our rotation and help us now and long term. 

Yeah, this is too much for Civale for me.  I would love Bibee and would be willing to do either Ortiz, Westburg, or Cowser as a starting point plus others.  Super impressed with Bibee.

Reading analysis of the Amed Rosario deal, it caught me by surprise how far he had fallen down the Jorge Mateo almost entirely useless spectrum.    I guess Syndergaard gives innings in a Lyles-ish way as they see if McKenzie heals well enough before the tournament.

If they are still racing for the AL Central, I'm not sure if they have MLB innings to give for Bats.     To some extent, Williams, Bibee and Allen are like Bryan Woo or Tyler Wells - guys you might not forecast to stay strong three more months.

CLE would I feel by pushing half expensive Civale out the door if their Bieber was still there.

4 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

DeRosa is speculating on an Orioles trade with the White Sox. They mentioned it on 105.7 ….did anyone hear it as I had to jump on a work call? I searched the net but came up dry.

Don't know who they were discussing, but I'm thinking Clevinger. They're starting him tomorrow to showcase him for trade, rather than send him on a rehab assignment. And they've already dealt Giolito and are about to deal Lynn. 

Edited by UMDTerrapins

4 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Don't know who they were discussing, but I'm thinking Clevinger. They're starting him tomorrow to showcase him for trade, rather than send him on a rehab assignment. And they've already dealt Giolito and are about to deal Lynn. 

I hope not …just goes 5 …less than a K per inning ….1.35 WHIP. I’d pass personally on him and Lynn. I’d be after Cease but he’s not been as good as Clevinger but at least you’d have some control.

15 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

DeRosa is speculating on an Orioles trade with the White Sox. They mentioned it on 105.7 ….did anyone hear it as I had to jump on a work call? I searched the net but came up dry.

I'm watching the recorded MLB Central and he did a whole segment on the WhiteSox.  Says it's completely time for them to reimagine their team, starting with the acquisitions from the Angels (#2 and #3 prospects) for Giolito. 

• Started with a trade to the Giants of Vaughn and Anderson.
  • Next up with Lance Lynn to the Reds for Hinds.

Ended up with this, saying to White Sox fans, "It's gonna hurt a little bit."  Says the Os are dying for a starter and this would do it. 

Cease trade.jpeg

• Thanks 3

Just now, justD said:

I'm watching the recorded MLB Central and he did a whole segment on the WhiteSox.  Says it's completely time for them to reimagine their team, starting with the acquisitions from the Angels (#2 and #3 prospects) for Giolito. 

• Started with a trade to the Giants using Vaughn and Anderson.

Ended up with this, saying to White Sox fans, "It's gonna hurt a little bit."  Says the Os are dying for a starter and this would do it. 

Cease trade.jpeg

This trade would hurt.  I would try to substitute Cowser for Kjerstad I think but I might do this.  We would still have depth in the infield.  Outfield would be fine for next year with others coming down the line.  Get a controllable possible TOR arm.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, justD said:

Cease trade.jpeg

It could be like our very own Erik Bedard trade.......but on the flip side!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, justD said:

Cease trade.jpeg

At lunch time, I passed by a muted TV while this image was on screen and in the about 1.8 seconds before I found the words "DeRosa" and "hypothetical" on screen, had a mini "oh, dang" reaction.

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

This trade would hurt.  I would try to substitute Cowser for Kjerstad I think but I might do this.  We would still have depth in the infield.  Outfield would be fine for next year with others coming down the line.  Get a controllable possible TOR arm.  

Is that with or without mustache?

This stuff is challenging. The Mullins injury is problematic as I would much rather deal Hays than Kjerstad.

6 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Not me …..but here’s one from BR

Proposed Trade: Orioles get RHP Dylan Cease, White Sox get 3B Coby Mayo and SS Joey Ortiz

Cease reportedly isn't going to come cheap, and nor should he. In this trade, Chicago would score our No. 79 (Mayo) and No. 85 (Ortiz) prospectsto be heirs to Yoán Moncada and Tim Anderson, respectively. Ortiz is a slick defender who's batting .335 at Triple-A, while Mayo recently got promoted there after posting a 1.026 OPS at Double-A.

Honestly,, I’d try Stowers, Norby, Hall, and  Povich

not trading Kjerstad,  Mayo 

1 hour ago, baltfan said:

Yeah, this is too much for Civale for me.  I would love Bibee and would be willing to do either Ortiz, Westburg, or Cowser as a starting point plus others.  Super impressed with Bibee.

I think I'd probably rank them:
1) Bibee
2) Williams
3) Allen

Agree with liking Bibee the mst. Ranked Williams 2nd because I think he has a higher ceiling than Allen, but he hasn't been going deep into games lately so I'm not sure how much he'd help this season. More of a next season / long term piece. 

18 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Honestly,, I’d try Stowers, Norby, Hall, and  Povich

not trading Kjerstad,  Mayo 

Why would they trade Cease for that package of players?  I know he’s having a down year but he just finished 2nd in Cy Young and has 2 years of control after this year.  We aren’t getting him for that mediocre group of players unless the White Sox are even dumber than I thought. 

Edited by ArtVanDelay

27 minutes ago, justD said:

Lance Lynn just went to the Dodgers with Joe Kelly for Trayce Thompson, Nick Nastrini (LA's #9) and Jordan Leasure (RHP). 

Small digression from the thread but interesting to see what guys are going for. 

• Upvote 2