Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

3 minutes ago, bluedog said:

Let me put it another way. Would you trade Kjerstad + Westburg + Hall for the guys the Nats got from the Padres?

Now that we know what they got, I’d say it’s comparable but I think Gore is probably a better piece than Hall.  Hassell looks like a bust.   Wood probably has the most upside but no sure thing.   Abrahams is having a very nice season at 22.   There is still star potential there.   They all look and sound better before you see them day to day in the bigs.   If we went back in time the Padres package is stronger, I think.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tryptamine said:

Maybe they hate guys with absolutely electric arms, who are a command tweak away from being a frontline starter?

I’m sure someone on Marlins Hangout is wondering if they should offer us Joey Wendle and their #27 prospect for Grayson Rodriguez. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

I’m sure someone on Marlins Hangout is wondering if they should offer us Joey Wendle and their #27 prospect for Grayson Rodriguez. 

They have pitchers.  It’s Jackson Holliday they want for that package. 😉

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Because they have a lot of pitching and need young hitters that are cost controlled…similar to Seattle.

They did just have to option Eury Perez to limit his innings so I wonder if they’re ready to subtract from their pitching.  Obviously they’ll have to acquire hitters at some point. 

Just now, ArtVanDelay said:

They did just have to option Eury Perez to limit his innings so I wonder if they’re ready to subtract from their pitching.  Obviously they’ll have to acquire hitters at some point. 

Kim Ng has said they want to acquire a pitcher at the deadline.  Might want/need a Lorenzen type to take up innings because of those limits.

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Because they have a lot of pitching and need young hitters that are cost controlled…similar to Seattle.

His question should have been how does trading Cabrera make the Marlins better this season? It doesn't, it's a just a silly trade suggestion by one of the biggest media bozos because he's too lazy to actually do some research and come up with a well thought out hypothetical trade idea. 

I see no scenario where the Marlins trade a SP during the season. They're already dealing with innings limitations for Perez and will be in the same boat with Luzardo very soon. They're going to have to someone find a way to stretch those guys out without overextending them, which means skipped starts, etc. 

Just now, HakunaSakata said:

His question should have been how does trading Cabrera make the Marlins better this season? It doesn't, it's a just a silly trade suggestion by one of the biggest media bozos because he's too lazy to actually do some research and come up with a well thought out hypothetical trade idea. 

I see no scenario where the Marlins trade a SP during the season. They're already dealing with innings limitations for Perez and will be in the same boat with Luzardo very soon. They're going to have to someone find a way to stretch those guys out without overextending them, which means skipped starts, etc. 

Add a vet starter for a lower cost and get a young controlled bat for a starter.

Not a difficult scenario to see.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

...and they're going to have to find a way to dial Luzardo back soon too.  He's already 20 innings over the max he's pitched in a prior season. 

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Add a vet starter for a lower cost and get a young controlled bat for a starter.

Not a difficult scenario to see.

So they're going to trade a young SP for a bat and then trade something else for a veteran SP? Yeah, that's a super realistic scenario (heavy eye roll). 

2 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

So they're going to trade a young SP for a bat and then trade something else for a veteran SP? Yeah, that's a super realistic scenario (heavy eye roll). 

There are plenty of rental starters out there that can eat innings that won’t cost much to acquire.

5 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

...and they're going to have to find a way to dial Luzardo back soon too.  He's already 20 innings over the max he's pitched in a prior season. 

I wouldn’t shut either guy down unless their performance showed signs of fatigue or ineffectiveness.     Seems silly to me especially when making a playoff push.  Going to shut down perfectly fine starting pitchers and then go out and trade for the replacement based on no evidence to support doing just that.  Crazy!