Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

Just now, O's84 said:

Yes but how good? To me, it's really got be like a #3 SP (not expecting an TOR), otherwise it's kinda of meh.  Yes, you could get a back of rotation SP, and the IP would be valuable in lieu of Wells, but it's not a needle mover.   

I think someone like Lorenzen could be a Game 3 starter potentially. 

The key to me is whether or not we win the divison. I think it makes a big difference. Now, if we are a WC I’m not saying we can’t go on a run but our odds aren’t as good. 

9 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

"Many clubs showing interest in Justin Verlander"

The Orioles, another club with an outstanding farm system, could be a "wild card" in the Verlander race, MLB.com's Mark Feinsand said Monday on "Chatting Practice". Per Feinsand, Baltimore is an unlikely destination for Verlander, but the club can't entirely be ruled out, either.

https://www.mlb.com/news/justin-verlander-rumors

They are regurgitating the interview I listened to.…. He’s not taking the money into account and the interviewer didn’t mention it. They aren’t paying his salary or giving up his key prospects 

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

He definitely seems like a guy that was rated in the top 75 because of his monster year last year, and then just matriculated up lists based on players graduating and losing their prospect status. Basically in no world is this guy a better prospect than Kjerstad or Mayo. He’s more in line with Norby. Just my opinion. 

What is really funny is that people were mad that we literally traded cash considerations for O’Hearn’s $1.5 million contract. 

I think Manzardo is a better prospect than Norby. He's been unlucky this year which is nuts b/c his LD% is up 14bps to almost 30% (!). 

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

They are regurgitating the interview I listened to.…. He’s not taking the money into account and the interviewer didn’t mention it. They aren’t paying his salary or giving up his key prospects 

If Verlander was a straight rental, I'd say it was very possible. But that 2nd year in the contract is a real killer. Just don't see us taking on even half of that cost. 

3 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I'm looking at Candelario in a small sample size, and I have to admit that I like what I've seen. I would be enthusiastic if he were a player the Orioles might be looking at.

It’s not so crazy. He’s a switch hitter with an .875 OPS vs RHP. We like switch hitters. Dylan Carlson is a switch hitter too. It would also allow us to get more LH versus RHP at OPACY. 

I doubt this happens, but we really should be considering our ballpark when looking ahead to the postseason. 

1 hour ago, Bemorewins said:

Obviously a delusional fan who is overrating his team's guys a ton. I have seen this somewhere else before...lol

Do they even realize they are putting two number one prospects in all of baseball in back to back years on a list with two other first round picks?   So four first round picks of which two are number one prospects?  Wow.  Cease isnt even a long term established dominate starter.   And one SS that seems injured or having a down year.  

Edited by Gurgi

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

If Verlander was a straight rental, I'd say it was very possible. But that 2nd year in the contract is a real killer. Just don't see us taking on even half of that cost. 

I'd like to have Verlander even at his advanced age, but yeah ownership isn't going to pick up enough of his contract to even make a deal feasible.

5 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

We def. aren't standing pat, I think we make some weird pointless head scratching move. We will not however get any sort of needle mover

That’s where I am.  I think some folks are going to be really disappointed .  Hope I’m wrong.