Monday, July 24: Orioles visit the Phillies

SteveA

8 minutes ago, Nite said:

It helps that Randy misplayed that shot by Mateo but to his credit he did smoke it for an important double.

Let's face reality. Mateo is only asked to stick this game out so they didn't have to burn the DH moving Gunner out there. I think with the typical lineup he's pulled and Gunner takes SS with someone moving to 3B.

True, but the other part of my point is that outside of Mateo and McCann the O's could barely muster much offense in that game.  Of course it was Shane McClanahan, not just any lefty.

But I'm shocked to discover that the O's as a team actually have slightly better numbers against LH pitchers this season than against righties.  Don't have time now but I'm curious who on the team is doing the most damager against lefties.  Mateo has done pretty well against them but not sure who else.  

15 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Every night it's a new guy stepping up. Perez should have been out of that inning 1-2-3, but when things didn't go that way, he didn't panic. 

Always nice to still win on a blown save opportunity.

1-2 looked like he was in command but then you had two fearsome pinchhitters, who fortunately didn't get XBHs

25 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Every night it's a new guy stepping up. Perez should have been out of that inning 1-2-3, but when things didn't go that way, he didn't panic. 

Always nice to still win on a blown save opportunity.

That's what impressed me most. Cionel didn't let it discourage him when Mateo failed to get that 3rd out. He just batlled back and got the next one. 

Very encouraging to see Cionel look like his old self from 2022.

11 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

IMO In the future I think Gunnar play 3B, Holiday SS and Westburg 2B.

I’m not saying this is wrong. But Holliday must be a heck of a SS in your opinion because otherwise it makes no sense to move Gunnar from the position.