Scoreboard watching

Frobby

I’ve mentioned in a couple of posts over the last month or so that I really wasn’t checking the scoreboard to see how other teams are doing, being content just to focus on how the Orioles wete playing.   

This morning, really for the first time all season, I woke up and thought, “I wonder if Tampa played last night, and how they did?”

So I guess scoreboard watching season has begun for me, at least a little.  I don’t know whether it’s the fact that we’re at the 100-game mark, or because we’re suddenly in first place, that got me focused on what our competitors are doing.  

There’s still a lot of the season left to play and I’m still more concerned with how the O’s are playing than about what the other teams do.  But, imagine that from here forward I’ll be peaking at the scoreboard more often. 

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’ve mentioned in a couple of posts over the last month or so that I really wasn’t checking the scoreboard to see how other teams are doing, being content just to focus on how the Orioles wete playing.   

This morning, really for the first time all season, I woke up and thought, “I wonder if Tampa played last night, and how they did?”

So I guess scoreboard watching season has begun for me, at least a little.  I don’t know whether it’s the fact that we’re at the 100-game mark, or because we’re suddenly in first place, that got me focused on what our competitors are doing.  

There’s still a lot of the season left to play and I’m still more concerned with how the O’s are playing than about what the other teams do.  But, imagine that from here forward I’ll be peaking at the scoreboard more often. 

I think there is some merit to monitor teams that are on the fence being sellers at the deadline. Padres, Mets, Angels, etc..

Edited by Fan4Life
  • Upvote 1

I think TOR is definitely the team to watch.  Not that I consider anyone in the East truly out of it just yet, and I'm certainly not writing TB's eulogy either, but TOR has the best team on paper, especially if Manoah finds his mojo.  They're a team that runs on emotion, if they get hot they can ride it for a bit but one more rough patch might do them in.

The thing about Toronto is, they’ve played very poorly against the rest of the AL East (7-20), and they have the most games left to play within the division (25) of any AL East team.  That includes 7 games with us, so we’ll have a lot to say about where they go from here.   

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I'm more concerned about what Toronto is doing than the Rays to be honest, they are not the same team we saw earlier this year.

Edited by Malike