Scoreboard watching

Frobby

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Today ended the race. Get this thing clinched against DC and rest your guys over the weekend.

28 man roster limits the amount of "resting" you can do.   Flaherty will start  a game vs Boston, I am sure.   And Irvin can come back up and start a game.   But you still got to get at least 108 outs vs the Red Sox and those two  probably take care of 33 at most.

But we'll have all next week to rest pitchers.

I can certainly see giving Adley some time off... the off day tomorrow, another complete game off sometime during the week, and maybe 1 or 2 games at DH as well.

Edited by SteveA

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

28 man roster limits the amount of "resting" you can do.   Flaherty will start  a game vs Boston, I am sure.   And Irvin can come back up and start a game.   But you still got to get at least 108 outs vs the Red Sox and those two  probably take care of 33 at most.

I can certainly see giving Adley some time off... the off day tomorrow, another complete game off sometime during the week, and maybe 1 or 2 games at DH as well.

Gunnar could use a day too. 

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Bullpen games.

They should DFA Lopez this week. They can’t pitch him in the postseason. Use his roster spot and call up ZImmerman or McFarland.

Grayson and Bradish should get skipped or just throw a few innings as a tune up.

Rest Adley and Gunnar in multiple games. Probably give Cedric some time off because of the groin issues.  

18 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Today ended the race. Get this thing clinched against DC and rest your guys over the weekend.

Job not done. Orioles go home and have Bradish and GRod against DC. I think it's in their best interest to push hard to win these two games and get this done before the weekend.

9 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Rays subreddit is advocating giving up and resting their guys for the playoffs.  Probably won’t happen, but would probably be in their best interest 

Interesting. It makes sense, it would be a way to get their rest, without having won the #1 seed. Then start the playoffs fresh. I don't think they will do it, but they will be kind of wishing the O's clinch sooner rather than later.

Just now, Uli2001 said:

Interesting. It makes sense, it would be a way to get their rest, without having won the #1 seed. Then start the playoffs fresh. I don't think they will do it, but they will be kind of wishing the O's clinch sooner rather than later.

Rays fans are just like us.  They are complaint their guys are all gassed.  Plus they have a ton of injured guys trying to get healthy.  I bet there are guys that would advocate forfeiting the rest of the season to get well. 

The Blue Jays are actually in REALLY good shape to make the playoffs, better than most people realize.

Texas 87-68  3@LAA, 4@Sea
Toronto 87-69   3vNYY, 3vTB
Houston 85-71  3@Sea, 3@Ariz
Seattle 84-71   3vHou, 4vTexas

To make the playoffs, all the Blue Jays have to do is beat out ONE of those teams (because one of those teams will win the west).

It looks to me that with all the games that Houston/Tex/Sea play each other, at least one of them is guaranteed to lose at least 73 games.   Which means if Toronto can win 90 games, they are guaranteed a playoff spot.   So their magic number is actually 3.