What do we do about Jorge Mateo?

OsFanSinceThe80s

2 minutes ago, Ripken said:

He should have been DFA'd weeks ago in favor of Ortiz.  He adds nothing to the team.  And Bring up Kjerstad for Hicks while we're at it.  

Im okay with McKenna until Cowser gets through "transition curve to MLB" which Kjerstad likely will have also BUT thats for Kjerstad, Ortiz should be up and stay up, there is playing time even if Gunnar is healthy. 

5 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Frazier's OPS for the month of July is .884 -- with 3 doubles and 3 HRs in only 17 games.  Compare those numbers to any other up the middle player not named Gunnar.  

If you think Frazier has tapped into something that overrides the years of career production/trajectory that Frazier has behind him, then that's fair. I guess I just don't. Maybe I'm wrong and he senses the moment in his career and realizes his full potential. Hope that happens if he's kept on the roster.

But my stance on Frazier is that I would not want him starting, pinch hitting, or in the field in a playoff game. And I do not want Adam Frazier blocking prospects next year. I don't think he does anything that we can't replace now and exceed later.

What I'm suggesting is probably unrealistic because of the optics of getting rid of him when he has ostensibly done nothing wrong while Mateo is floundering. But as between him and Mateo from the bench, I think Mateo provides more value.

8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Speaking of Frazier, nice way to turn a triple into an out.   What a bonehead running play.  The play is in front of you and even if you lose site of it as you go into 2nd you pick up the 3B coach.   But you don’t come to almost a complete stop before you look for the 3B coach.  He’s slow and he should have had a stand up triple.   One of the worst base running plays you’ll ever see.

He picked up the coach. Ben talked about it on broadcast.  

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

He picked up the coach. Ben talked about it on broadcast.  

Haha.  After he came to a complete stop.  Then he starts running again and gets thrown out by an eyelash.  It shouldn’t have even been close.

Just now, Alasdaire said:

He hesitated out of the box though right?

Yeah. To see if ball was caught. It’s a natural reaction. He should not have looked back after he rounded bag. I get the frustration over the play but it’s not like he was out by 15 feet. 

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

They had no chance on Harper.  

Frazier didn't know that until he was on his hands and knees groping around for the ball that dribbled six feet away from him after he tried to get it into his throwing hand.

Just now, 24fps said:

Frazier didn't know that until he was on his hands and knees groping around for the ball that dribbled six feet away from him after he tried to get it into his throwing hand.

Ok. Whatever.  It made no difference on the play and the throw from Cowser could have been better BUT if you want to beat up Frazier on a fumbled relay that made ZERO difference be my guest.