UNC UMD Thread

Floater

I did watch the game, and I agree they played better. However, my point was that it's telling how far we've fallen when we're getting excited about a 17-point loss to UNC.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be encouraged from last night's aberation, but it's hard to argue my main point. But if you want to, it wouldn't surprise me, and have at it. :rolleyes:

What a mature, well-reasoned response. Especially the end; the really makes me want to have a discussion with you.

I mean, add it to your first post in the thread with the snarky remark that showed no understanding of the discussion or even that you watched the game (which prompted my question), and it's just been the total package from you!

Now, would you like to present your argument in the same manner as everyone else and tell us why we shouldn't "be excited" (though I don't see a single post that I would call "excited", but that's just the opinion of me and likely most people who posted)?

This is a discussion board after all. Let's discuss :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a mature, well-reasoned response. Especially the end; the really makes me want to have a discussion with you.

I mean, add it to your first post in the thread with the snarky remark that showed no understanding of the discussion or even that you watched the game (which prompted my question), and it's just been the total package from you!

Now, would you like to present your argument in the same manner as everyone else and tell us why we shouldn't "be excited" (though I don't see a single post that I would call "excited", but that's just the opinion of me and likely most people who posted)?

This is a discussion board after all. Let's discuss :)

It wasn't a snarky remark, it was just a remark making a point of the reality of this program. You insinuating that I didn't watch the game was a snarky remark. Really, I don't answer to people with superiority complexes like yourself, so enjoy this one-sided conversation and let me know how it goes.

However, I appreciate the compliment... I'm all about the total package.

It wasn't a snarky remark, it was just a remark making a point of the reality of this program. You insinuating that I didn't watch the game was a snarky remark. Really, I don't answer to people with superiority complexes like yourself, so enjoy this one-sided conversation and let me know how it goes.

You obviously have an opinion, so let's hear the other side. What do you think?

However, I appreciate the compliment... I'm all about the total package.

"That's what..."

"If you say 'that's what she said' one more time, I'm going to pop you!"

This isn't a chicken/egg situation here.

He's played pretty poorly even when he's gotten playing time this season, most of it early.

He played great yesterday, and that will get him more playing time, hopefully he can run with it and get back to playing at the high level he showed hints of last year. But don't say that the reason he hasn't played well this year is because of lack of playing time. Its simply not true. He's been pretty mediocre all year long. He's had a couple nice moments, but nothing consistent until last night.

I understand your point, and my opinion is probably skewed because I like Tucker a lot.

I really believe he is around the top of the roster in terms of offensive talent.

In both inter-squad scrimmages in October, he was very impressive in various areas (he may have lead all scorers in both scrimmages). I can personally attest to it being impressive and anyone else who was there would say that.

Now I know it was against his own team, and it shouldn't be the basis of him getting minutes in games because he played good in pre-season scrimmages, but the talent is there and I hate to see it on the bench.

Yea, he got mediocre, then Bowie and Mosley started playing better, and took his time. Now, when he gets in for 5 min a game hes took afraid to make a mistake until last night when he had to make a move.

Hes got the ability to do what he did consistently. Not forcing shots, playing defense, rebounding (the stuff that Gary likes) is what he needs to work on. I would say Tucker will transfer is he doesnt play better/get more minutes toward the end of the season. At least Hayes isnt starting anymore.

Archived