2023 Trade Deadline Hot Stove

RVAOsFan

2 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

I both love and hate that nothing comes out of the Warehouse anymore.  Elias runs a tight ship and the Lorenzen rumors are probably coming from an agent.

Another page from the Ravens' book. DeCosta is a magician at somehow keeping things under wraps.

No one in the NFL had any idea the Ravens had a need at receiver on draft night 2022 until moments before the Ravens picked when Hollywood Brown tweeted about it from on the plane to Arizona after the deal was finalized. And he had made the trade request months before that.

1 hour ago, bpilktree said:

I suggested earlier if they lose 4 straight there nothing keeping them from becoming sellers Tuesday afternoon.  7 games back and behind 4 teams could make them sellers.  

Maybe we'll wind up with Gio after all 🤣

58 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't get being upset about owners that spend money on players instead of pocketing the profits.

I will say that Moreno appears to meddle a lot and is pretty easy to root against.

I'll never understand it either. But that is how some here choose to engage the game.

1 minute ago, Tryptamine said:

Looks like the Scherzer deal might be dead. Rangers want Max's 2024 option guaranteed,  but he wants it to remain an option. Met fans are pissed.

Wait, they want to pay him $43M next year?  Alrighty.

4 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Looks like the Scherzer deal might be dead. Rangers want Max's 2024 option guaranteed,  but he wants it to remain an option. Met fans are pissed.

He was willing to waive his NTC..maybe the Rangers lower the offer and a deal still gets done.

Just now, Just Regular said:

Meanwhile for Rangers, Eovaldi after a 1-turn skip has been scratched tomorrow, but Bochy says the soreness in his elbow is in a "good" place.

Was always the risk for Eovaldi. Still wish we had signed him and he was the best option imo(because of contract) but he certainly didn’t come without risk.

Something to monitor here.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

It sounds like the issue is with Scherzer.

So changing the offer won't change that.

Sure it would. The Rangers are trading of their best prospects and was willing to do that because they were getting this year and next year.

If next year isn’t guaranteed that doesn’t mean the Rangers don’t want him..it just means they probably wouldn’t trade as much to get him.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Sure it would. The Rangers are trading of their best prospects and was willing to do that because they were getting this year and next year.

If next year isn’t guaranteed that doesn’t mean the Rangers don’t want him..it just means they probably wouldn’t trade as much to get him.

Maybe?

I don't know, for me that would be such a momenta difference in value that I'd be hard pressed to come at it from that angle.