2023 Trade Deadline Hot Stove

RVAOsFan

10 hours ago, Tryptamine said:

These being the same Rangers who shelled out $80M in new contracts, just for this season, to SPs last offseason.

For that $80M, they basically got Nate Eovaldi and…a dire need to trade for Max Scherzer plus another SP apparently. 

Counting the $22.5mm TEX paying Scherzer as about three half-seasons, I kind of see the Acuna investment as getting them the '23 rental and '24 Scherzer at ~1/15.

Somewhere between 10 and 15mm is about that threshold where an Arm good enough to garner that AAV is also good enough to command the 2+ years Elias so far has been unwilling to win a competition at.

Today I don't think we really know whether the '24 Orioles need a "better Gibson" type, pending AUG/SEP data on Means, Wells, and maybes like Armbruester-Rom-Povich-McDermott.     

Edited by Just Regular

3 hours ago, Sanity Check said:

Fellas, remember last year's deadline?  This past offseason?  "Blast off"?  Prepare to be underwhelmed......again. 

I hope I'm wrong, and if I am, I will gladly take any abuse that comes my way.

It'll at least be blast off league wide.    Last year was 40-ish trades last 48 hours, and only about 10 in the 3-14 days out window.       Monday's schedule will give one more outcome view to 20 of the 30 teams, if no rainouts.

Verlander 2 innings along this afternoon only 94+ on four out of 30 pitches, for the last data snippet who he is at age 40.44 today.