Tuesday, August 1: Orioles try to clinch season series vs Jays, face Ryu in his first start since Tommy John surgery

SteveA

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

Honest to God, I have NO idea why they walked Hays who is scuffling to pitch to Gunnar who is raking...makes no sense...Id give Bradish a chance to start the 7th..

Orioles all-star... They seem to have no idea about how he's been doing since the break. Total incompetence.

1 minute ago, accinfo said:

Yes when Mountcastle is 30 walks behind Gunnar.  If Mountcastle would stop swinging at balls he could be really great but I don’t see that changing.

The one thing we have going for our lineup is it’s deep enough usually somebody is clicking. Mountcastle can carry us for a little while. Will it last? No idea but with Hays scuffling and no Mullins we need it. 

1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

What happened? I see two runs scored and Gunnar made it to second.

Gunnar line smash up the middle, the pitcher ducked his head just in time to avoid decapitation, and it hit the shortstop hard in the leg and caromed into LF for a base hit.

I’m not a big “second guess the manager” guy, but holy hell…Schneider should be suspended without pay for being so stupid as to walk Hays to get to Gunnar. I don’t care what hand the pitcher uses. Gunnar is getting better against LHPs every single day, and Hays basically doesn’t have a hit since the ASG.