Kevin Brown on the radio

Going Underground

On 8/2/2023 at 7:16 PM, Frobby said:

I think KB is terrific.  Arnold is okay, but a big step down.  He’s better than Hollander, Garceau or Newman, however.  

I think Hollander is absolutely perfect for the radio. Sure he’s not as good as the recent old timers (Scully, Angel, Miller), but he is just the right amount of homer and is very entertaining. Also he’s just good at going back and explaining a play after it happened, a lot of people just kinda move on.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Not a KB fan, but I also don't see him getting into a fight with Ben McDonald.  

According to sources it was actually Ronald McDonald. Fight was broken up by Grimace and Mayor McCheese. Shakes were thrown. That horrible Shamrock Shake made Kevin green with envy. The fight goes way back to when Kevin was slighted one Mcnugget in a 25 piece 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

I like KB overall. Much better than what we’ve had in recent years certainly. I’m a product of the HTS/Mel Proctor/John Lowenstein era, so you will not be able to convince me there was a better TV duo than those two.

The one thing that really bothers me is what I’ll call his “reverse psychology effect”’.

Here’s what I mean. Let’s say the opposing team is at the plate with some runners in scoring position.  We can see the stat line the TV producers put on the screen.  He will make a comment on the graphic about how the guy at the plate is 0-24 in these situations - then the guy promptly gets a base hit.  

Just let it be and find something else to talk about, please for the love of all things Orioles.  

Edited by scarey1999
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Going Underground said:

According to sources it was actually Ronald McDonald. Fight was broken up by Grimace and Mayor McCheese. Shakes were thrown. That horrible Shamrock Shake made Kevin green with envy. The fight goes way back to when Kevin was slighted one Mcnugget in a 25 piece 

If I remember correctly, Hamburgler was in the melee and somehow avoided any arrest. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, johnnyb said:

Is this guy known for breaking news like this? He appears to just be a fan. 

I don't know how much news he has broken but hie integrity has been vouched for.  Time will tell and we'll see if more info emerges.  It doesn't seem to be a troll to me.

On 8/5/2023 at 3:30 PM, survivedc said:

I think Hollander is absolutely perfect for the radio. Sure he’s not as good as the recent old timers (Scully, Angel, Miller), but he is just the right amount of homer and is very entertaining. Also he’s just good at going back and explaining a play after it happened, a lot of people just kinda move on.

I like Brett overall, but good Lord he needs to stop referring to the Orioles as Baltimore like he's an away or national announcers. The Orioles should always be referred to as the Orioles by the local broadcasters.

He also needs to never sit in CF for a broadcast because he clearly struggled with the distance on flyballs from that angle.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 3:30 PM, Going Underground said:

BTW, how can any restaurant, even McDonalds screw up a Shamrock Shake? But they clearly did. Those things are awful. Hell, all they had to do was make them mint chocolate chip and they would have had a winner.

But I digress! :D

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, johnnyb said:

Is this guy known for breaking news like this? He appears to just be a fan. 

I have no idea who he is, but seems like a weird way to make something up. Who knows? With his known thin-skin, you never know with John Angelos.