Jack Flaherty 2023

AdamK

On 9/8/2023 at 3:22 PM, DirtyBird said:

How do you distinguish between "big" and "under the radar"?

His big moves were Gibson, Frazier, and Flaherty were the key moves. Fuji was sporting poor numbers when they added him for filler. I don’t consider a big move. The waivers types were under the radar as well and would’ve included Webb. 

Edited by Roll Tide

3 minutes ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

Is it too early to pronounce the Jack Flaherty experiment and unmitigated failure? 

Im not sure I want to see this guy on the mound in an Orioles uniform again.

No. I hope that was it.

Also, I hope I remember this failed acquisition at next years deadline. I wanted the Os to do something and I was ok with the trade. But I’m now realizing that this was a trade for trades sake only and I was completely wrong.

I also didn’t know about his activism and I’m not afraid to admit it doesn’t align with my thoughts. If the guy was throwing 7 shutout innings a start, I wouldn’t care cuz I don’t derive political inspiration from ball players but when your getting lit up like a pinball machine - it’s just another shovel full of dirt on you. 

He never really seemed to be part of the team and hopefully his mercenary status will be DFA’ed.