I'm a bit embarrassed that I...

Greg Pappas

• wanted Mountcastle dealt away at the deadline.
  • thought Flaherty was a about 4-5 years older and being meh on the trade for him.
  • believed Cionel Perez was just off to a slow start and would be back to his 2022 form.
  • start too many threads? LOL! 😄

How about you? 

• Upvote 2

1) Talk to me ten games after Mountcastle leaves Toronto

2)I wasn’t sure of his age but as a 2 month rental it doesn’t matter. Now that that I know I’m hoping they can offer him an extension 

3) Cionel looks like he’s back 

4) Me too! 

• Upvote 1

Agreed on Mountcastle. I really thought he was toast and the vertigo was a smokescreen for him just being bad. Appears the vertigo was a real thing. I'd still like more info on how it happened and got treated. 

I will go with fully expecting Grayson to crash and burn after getting recalled. I didn't think it was realistic that they could have fixed anything that quickly. Then again, I also plead guilty to predicting in April that he would be our #1 with a 3.50 ERA. 

• Upvote 2

1. Have only just visited fangraphs for the first time this week.
  2. Don't know other rookies having great seasons on other clubs (or care to?).
  3. Am persuaded back and forth, so easily, on Frazier and Mateo.
  4. Think the Jays manager's head blends in too well with the red alternate jerseys.
Edited by AdamK
  • Upvote 1

1.  Thought Mateo's early heater had some sort of legs.

2.  Defended the rationale behind the Frazier signing.  Or am I?

3.  Can't think of a player who played on the A's and Braves to fit that box on Immaculate Grid.

4.  Shortchanged this team saying we were Wild Card contenders vs. the AL pacesetters!

5.  Didn't buy into Wells being an above-average/very good starter.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

1.  Thought Mateo's early heater had some sort of legs.

2.  Defended the rationale behind the Frazier signing.  Or am I?

3.  Can't think of a player who played on the A's and Braves to fit that box on Immaculate Grid.

4.  Shortchanged this team saying we were Wild Card contenders vs. the AL pacesetters!

5.  Didn't buy into Wells being an above-average/very good starter.

3. David Justice

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

3. David Justice

I realized he would work there, after already using him for the 40HR square.

1) I thought Mateo in April was for real and guessed .900+ OPS in that poll.

2) Before the season, I thought Austin Hays had lost too many steps to be relied on as an everyday outfielder.

• Upvote 1

1.  All offseason, I was adamant Mateo was at peak value, the bat would never improve and his value was too reliant on advanced defensive metrics that I didn't trust to keep up going forward.  Then in April, I was convinced I was wrong about him.  So I'm embarrassed that I was wrong about being wrong.

2.  I thought Stowers would seize one of the corner OF spots from Hays or Santander sooner rather than later this season.  Obviously sporadic playing time and injuries were a factor, but given the years Hays and Santander are having in conjunction with that I was dead wrong about this one. 

• Upvote 1