Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

Just now, Orioles0615 said:

The audacity...the AUDACITY...to think that they could keep Brown off the air for 2 weeks or so and no one notice, no one question it...and have Brown's twitter silent, like "Hey, I'm on vacation...in the middle of the most exciting Orioles season in years...."

NOTHING STAYS A SECRET ANYMORE.  God, these people are stupid.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

This is why Palmer and Ben McDonald are not saying anything.  Hoping it just blows over and their friend Kevin Brown comes back.  But people at MASN probably watched the days go by and no Kevin and someone got pissed enough to call one of his friends and start spilling the beans.  Palmer seems to love the guy and I would not be surprised it it wasnt him.  He has got the biggest balls of any of them I am gonna guess.  After all he never threw a grand slam.  LOL

12 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

Am I the only one who doesn't know who John McGuiness is?  I just found out he's Kevin Brown's boss.  According to D&B and Bloomberg, McGuiness runs MASN.  MASN is only a trade name, but again, I'm probably the only one who didn't know that.  MASN is the D/B/A of TCR Sports Broadcasting LLP.  The principal partner is the Peter Angelos Trust through the Baltimore Orioles LP.  

So could McGuiness suspend Brown on his own authority?  

If that is what happened and the Orioles public relations department hasn't distanced John Angelos from this fiasco by now then that office will be a ghost town by 3:00.

2 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

This is why Palmer and Ben McDonald are not saying anything.  Hoping it just blows over and their friend Kevin Brown comes back.  But people at MASN probably watched the days go by and no Kevin and someone got pissed enough to call one of his friends and start spilling the beans.  Palmer seems to love the guy and I would not be surprised it it wasnt him.  He has got the biggest balls of any of them I am gonna guess.  After all he never threw a grand slam.  LOL

This is what I don't get... what does a guy like Jim Palmer have to lose by showing solidarity with Kevin? What are they going to do, take his statue down? They could can him, but then they make an even bigger fool of themselves, and I don't get the impression that Jim needs this job in the first place. I would love for Jim to speak up for Kevin and call John's bluff.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

Yea like how bitter can you be that you can't talk about Adam Jones, because he used his no trade clause years ago, big deal. Or better yet can't talk about Machado and how you botched the team with the best player to come through the Orioles system since Cal and had to trade him away for peanuts. 

A no-trade clause that OWNERSHIP AGREED TO when they gave Jones his contract and that Jones had every right to invoke. 

• Upvote 1

This is so sad man. Lowest I've felt about the Orioles in years. I'm not even looking forward to the game tonight. There's just a pall over everything right now. And you can extrapolate how this kind of behavior eventually chases Elias and Sig away, and it trickling down to the product on the field. The great development and drafting work will keep us afloat for awhile, but then what? Almost anywhere is a greener pasture than working for John Angelos. We got LUCKY Elias came here.

In an incredibly Orioles-ass turn of luck, we are stuck with a somehow worse version of Peter Angelos for the next SEVERAL DECADES if they don't sell. It's unbelievably dire to think about. What an insane, horrible turn of events. It makes me sick to think about this just absolutely ruining a magical season. 

2 minutes ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

This is what I don't get... what does a guy like Jim Palmer have to lose by showing solidarity with Kevin? What are they going to do, take his statue down? They could can him, but then they make an even bigger fool of themselves, and I don't get the impression that Jim needs this job in the first place. I would love for Jim to speak up for Kevin and call John's bluff.

Jim speaks his mind - bluntly - all the time. We know this about him. It's great and refreshing, but he does it in a matter-of-fact way, not in a confrontational way. Sticking up for his buddy KB crosses the line into confrontational. Yes, it would be absurd to think that JA could lay a finger on Mr. Oriole JP, but JA is a completely erratic psychopath that's capable of doing basically anything, including firing the face of the franchise and a beloved baseball figure around MLB. PA simply has no regerts. No self awareness means no real repercussions because the dude doesn't live in any remote version of reality. JA is absolutely stupid enough to think he can fire Palmer, and I think he'd do it if Palmer crossed the line. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

You think Palmer would need to do all this back door crap.  What would Angelos do?  Take out his monument?  

7 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

You think Palmer would need to do all this back door crap.  What would Angelos do?  Take out his monument?  

There should no longer be any doubt about the depths to which JA would stoop. 

Nothing would surprise me at this point. 

15 minutes ago, interloper said:

This is so sad man. Lowest I've felt about the Orioles in years. I'm not even looking forward to the game tonight. There's just a pall over everything right now. And you can extrapolate how this kind of behavior eventually chases Elias and Sig away, and it trickling down to the product on the field. The great development and drafting work will keep us afloat for awhile, but then what? Almost anywhere is a greener pasture than working for John Angelos. We got LUCKY Elias came here.

In an incredibly Orioles-ass turn of luck, we are stuck with a somehow worse version of Peter Angelos for the next SEVERAL DECADES if they don't sell. It's unbelievably dire to think about. What an insane, horrible turn of events. It makes me sick to think about this just absolutely ruining a magical season. 

I'm kind of feeling this way, too. As far as Elias and Sig go, I dunno. If JA is going to do KB like this, there are other things we don't know about where he's being a petty little POS of a man. If they were going to leave, it would be all of those things and this KB situation is just one of those things.

I keep telling myself this sort of thing is happening there all of the time and I didn't know about and I still enjoyed this season. So, just need to let it go.