Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

And he is attacking Kevin Brown who looks like a puppy dog.  He looks like he is in 8th grade.  He is an appealing character to root for.  This will not end well for Angelos.

Oh no?   Wrong as he is, he can get away with a lot right now.  Are fans going to protest by not going to games or watching on TV, while the team is driving towards a division title?   Are they not going to renew their season tickets next year, just when the team looks ready to have a multi-year run of contention?  Fans will hate him more than they already do, but what immediate consequence is really going to befall Angelos?  Unfortunately, next to nothing.  Maybe he’ll get no Christmas card from the Brown family.  

1 minute ago, 86this said:

No one gave 2 sh*ts about what he said during a pre-game show.  JA brought it upon himself for this backlash and it's going viral on social media and all the other outlets.

This after Cohen and Darling were so complimentary of the Orioles during those last three games. Darling does the TBS game tomorrow, I think. It’ll be interesting what’s said.

18 minutes ago, yark14 said:

KB has called his last Orioles game, I guarantee it.

Yup. Unfortunately, you are right. He's gone. We lost a star. He will be doing Sunday Night Baseball and many other great things. This is Jon Miller 2.0. Like father, like son.

Edited by Matt S

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Oh no?   Wrong as he is, he can get away with a lot right now.  Are fans going to protest by not going to games or watching on TV, while the team is driving towards a division title?   Are they not going to renew their season tickets next year, just when the team looks ready to have a multi-year run of contention?  Fans will hate him more than they already do, but what immediate consequence is really going to befall Angelos?  Unfortunately, next to nothing.  Maybe he’ll get no Christmas card from the Brown family.  

He will reap large consequences in good will and public opinion.  Will I as a fan keep watching the Orioles?  Hell yeah but I now know how much of a dirt bag Angelos is.  This will cement as his public persona.   If you think he wont mind I think you are wrong.   His whole vibe seems to be a guy crying out to be respected in his own right.  This public shamming he is gonna get will not be fun.  After all we know he has a thin skin.  The whole thing started because he assumed the story made him look cheap.  That is a guy who cant take negative opinions.  

Well he is gonna be hearing a whole lot of crap for a while.  Probably only turn around if the Orioles win the series.   Anything else and the press will call him cheap.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Yardball85 said:

Thanks for sharing eddie.

Absolutely mind-bogglingly insane.

Why the hell shouldn't he comment on a graphic? 

He was obviously supposed to talk about the nice hot dog he had for dinner that night while the graphic was up, obviously. How stupid of him. 

Just now, Gurgi said:

He will reap large consequences in good will and public opinion.  Will I as a fan keep watching the Orioles?  Hell yeah but I now know how much of a dirt bag Angelos is.  This will cement as his public persona.   If you think he wont mind I think you are wrong.   His whole vibe seems to be a guy crying out to be respected in his own right.  This public shamming he is gonna get will not be fun.  After all we know he has a thin skin.  The whole thing started because he assumed the story made him look cheap.  That is a guy who cant take negative opinions.  

Well he is gonna be hearing a whole lot of crap for a while.  Probably only turn around if the Orioles win the series.   Anything else and the press will call him cheap.  

None of this will matter

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

He was obviously supposed to talk about the nice hot dog he had for dinner that night while the graphic was up, obviously. How stupid of him. 

It seriously sucks that such a terrible, flawed, insecure POS owns the team that we all love so dearly and hold so sacredly.  Really really sucks. 

• Upvote 2