Orioles Claim Jacob Webb

oriolediehard

Just needs to throw strikes.  I was surprised by three consecutive good looking changeups to a LH hitter.   The stuff looks good.   Amazing that a guy like that gets released from a “contender” and picked up for nothing this time of year.   We got him and Fuji on the cheap.   Both are good arms who could play important roles out of the bullpen.

1 minute ago, glenn__davis said:

Waiver claims used to be yawn-worthy.  Not going to claim this guy to be anything after a few starts but it sure does seem like Elias has a knack for finding guys that can contribute.

He sort of has a type. Wild guys who can strike people out.

14 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

At some point maybe it's time to put Webb in more high leverage situations. He's looked great so far. Fujinami did a good job closing the game with a shorthanded bullpen, but he scares me with his control.

I agree. I didn't hate Baumann coming out for the 9th, but  I was wondering about Webb

I actually wanted Cano to come back out. He had only thrown 13 pitches, and I wanted to see if he could close it and "find his groove.' It looked like his sinker was working pretty well and would give us the best chance to keep the ball in the ball park at the time