Astros series

Just Regular

10 minutes ago, MacAdoo said:

At least Elias went out and got a high leverage bullpen arm at the deadline to make sure that kind of stuff doesn’t happen against playoff caliber teams like Houston down the stretch and in the post-season…

Someone should have told Elias that if only he had acquired a relief pitcher we would have gone from losing every series to the Braves/Dodgers/Astros to winning them.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'm at least glad the O's didn't trade for that Michael Lorenzen bum. 

That is the least of the concerns. Flaherty may not be as good, but he's still pretty good. Starting pitching is not the problem. Bullpen is.

This is so similar to the Dodgers series. Lose the first game in a heartbreaker with a grand slam spoiling a good Grayson Rodriguez start. Lose a pretty uncompetitive Game 2, cue the takes of "look at the massive gap between us and a real contender (ignore that said real contender has a worse record than us)." Now once again Dean Kremer on a getaway day is all that stands between the O's and a sweep. I'm not saying history will definitely repeat itself, but the parallels are pretty striking. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jcaponio said:

This is the one team I don't want to see in the playoffs. I think we could handle Tampa, Toronto, Texas, Minnesota, or Seattle. I'd be much less confident against a healthy Astros team.

A healthy Orioles team with Mullins in center and we take 2 out of 3.