Hicks and Mullins back this week…what happens with the roster?

Sports Guy

Just now, Malike said:

If Cowser isn't going to play every day up here, then he should go down. He's not going to get better getting very limited ABs up here.

He can play 4 or so times a week and that’s fine. He doesn’t have to play 6-7 games a week to be here

Now, if he isn’t starting 4 or so games a week, I agree but there is zero reason for him to not do that.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

He can play 4 or so times a week and that’s fine. He doesn’t have to play 6-7 games a week to be here

Now, if he isn’t starting 4 or so games a week, I agree but there is zero reason for him to not do that.

I don't think it's going to be as easy as it sounds. His last PA's were August 5th. He's not better than Mullins/Hays/Santander/Hicks, I doubt they DH him, I just don't see where the ABs are going to come from. He's had 7 PA's the entire month of August so far, if this is how they are going to use him he needs to be in AAA playing every day both at the plate and in the field.

Are they actually going to play Cowser if Mullins and Hicks are healthy? IMO he should still play most games against RHP but I’m not sure they will do that. If not, it will be him.

If Urias doesn’t need the IL and they refuse to DFA Mateo, there also isn’t much flexibility to temporarily go short a pitcher like they did in July if they are intending to give Webb any run. I don’t see them optioning Cano or Baumann, so it would be option Irvin (or a SP) or DFA Perez or Webb. 

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea, he’s starting to. It’s very obvious that he’s getting more comfortable his last few games.

Huh, it's not obvious to me. He had a nice series ambushing the terrible Mets bullpen. Still looked stiff in the outfield and had that weird error. I think he goes down. 

1 minute ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

Are they actually going to play Cowser if Mullins and Hicks are healthy? IMO he should still play most games against RHP but I’m not sure they will do that. If not, it will be him.

If Urias doesn’t need the IL and they refuse to DFA Mateo, there also isn’t much flexibility to temporarily go short a pitcher like they did in July if they are intending to give Webb any run. I don’t see them optioning Cano or Baumann, so it would be option Irvin (or a SP) or DFA Perez or Webb. 

They aren't getting rid of Irvin or Baumann, I'd say almost 0 chance on Irvin and absolutely no chance on Baumann going down. Webb will be given a real chance to fail and Perez has been coming around a bit.