Wednesday, August 9: Orioles try to bounce back after tough loss to Astros

SteveA

12 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm a little late to this game. Do we have any insight why in a big series, in Camden Yards, we are getting a Melanie and Dave Johnson booth?

Jim Palmer tested positive for Covid so everyone that was in the booth with him last night is out tonight (Devo, Hollander, LaCanfora, Dr Joyce Brothers, etc).

• Haha 1

Henderson gets a statue.   Let me be the first to say it.  I may not live to see it happen but Henderson is going to be a legend in Baltimore and be a peer of Ripken, Palmer and Murray.  

The kid is driven.  The kid is nice.  His brother loves the Orioles.  He said the OHHHH gives him the chills every time.  

He is going to get a statue.  And I know how nuts that sounds but I feel it.

2 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Palmer has it. Was there announcement that everyone else has it too? Was just wondering what their policy will be.

I don't think it's a 2020-type thing where they're making close contacts stay home or anything. As far as I know, Palmer is confirmed sick and is staying home because of it to recover and not expose others.

There are quite a few people I know and have seen online who are sick with it right now for what it's worth.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

Of course, you do. Jim Palmer tweeted he had covid and feels terrible, and you call him a liar and come up with a conspiracy. Expected nothing less.

You really think John Angelos would be above doing something like that, considering all that's been going on not just in the past 2 weeks (revealed in the past 2 days, but also in the past year? Should I make a list to remind you?

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Henderson gets a statue.   Let me be the first to say it.  I may not live to see it happen but Henderson is going to be a legend in Baltimore and be a peer of Ripken, Palmer and Murray.  

The kid is driven.  The kid is nice.  His brother loves the Orioles.  He said the OHHHH gives him the chills every time.  

He is going to get a statue.  And I know how nuts that sounds but I feel it.

I hope you're right. But that would require that the O's pony up and that he accepts it.

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

You really think John Angelos would be above doing something like that, considering all that's been going on not just in the past 2 weeks (revealed in the past 2 days, but also in the past year? Should I make a list to remind you?

You must be kidding. We're talking about COVID.