The Orioles will not win the 2023 WS, and may not make the playoffs...and that is Ok

OnlyOneOriole

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

When you posted the thread, Texas really was “playing out of their freaking minds,” as you said.   They were 70-47 at the time, and had won 8 games in a row.  So, seeing Texas as a top contender was a logical.  They had the second best record in the league at the time.  I don’t think it took a rocket scientist to see them as a threat.

The rest of the regular season, they went 20-25.   They lost 3 of their last 4 to blow a division that had been theirs for the taking.  So, I’m not sure it was so obvious that Texas was a top contender on October 1 as it had been on August 12 when you made your post.

The bottom line on Texas was they were a streaky team all year.  They had a great offense, which was close to unstoppable when they got on a roll.   They got hot at the right time, and they won the World Series.   Congrats to them.  

I thought Texas has the best chance of all to win the WS not because they were hot when I made this thread.  In fact I really didn't keep track of them to know what they did for any particular 2 week period.

All I knew was watching them play the O's earlier in the year and based on the few other times I had seen them, plus the way they had hit all year and with the additions they had made?  I was just very impressed with them.    They seemed like they had 'it' this year. 

Nailed it!  Also had $1000 on them to win it all from when I went to Vegas in early Sept.  So I did put my money where my mouth was.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What were the odds running?

Less than I thought. +800 by early Sept on Bet MGM.   I should have gone when I started this thread as the odds went down by the time I went to Vegas again.  They were +1100 in July.     I only bet via MGM because I go to Vegas  once a month or so and as long as I keep my slot play points up I get free rooms at Aria, Vdarra, and Bellagio.  BTW anyone with dogs should always stay at Vdarra.  They make it super easy to have dogs there with a great dog park. 

The sports bets and poker, which are my favorites gambling vices, hardly get me anything points wise so I really have to play the slots.  And I don't know if anyone has noticed, but they have tightened up a ton since the first 8 months after covid.   Back then it was a bonanza.  Now it is very very bad. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole