Sunday 8/13/23 Game 3 @ Seattle

Goober Noodles

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

gotta figure Cano will fail at some point...he hasn't been the same lately...runners in every outing..

Cano's August so far:

5 appearances

4.1 innings
3 hits
1 walk
1 hit batsman
0 runs
5 strikeouts

Exactly what the hell do you expect Roy?   If he isn't perfect every time out you say he's due to fall apart, and will fail.

I'm sorry, your attitude is just pathetic when it comes to a guy we are damn lucky to have  in our bullpen.

And while I've typed this, add two more outs to the August ledger.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• HEY YANKEES! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnxNRPy_SOA
    • Yeah I'm all for sportsmanship but seeing 'Congratulations Yankees' at or near the top of the board is sickening, not gonna lie.  There is no high road when it comes to these clowns.  Boone's constant whining, the well-documented HP ump favoritism (I don't care if its framing or whatever, its happening, and its annoying AF), the whining about Judge getting hit on the hand while their guys constantly pitch inside including of course the Kjerstad play where they were literally cutting up on the bench as he lay prone on home plate, the ginormous payroll, the incredibly entitled fan base booing at pitches being called balls that are three inches off the plate, that stupid roll call, that stupid whistle after strikeouts, the stupid national media drooling over a Judge v Ohtani WS possibility, Nestor Cortes and his dumb mustache, the mediocre stadium that is revered simply because its called Yankee Stadium, the ridiculously short RF porch, the Soto Shuffle or whatever the hell it is. Congratulations my ass.  Screw those dudes.
    • Here's the deal. I doubt anyone on the Yankee's board congradulated us last year. This year they won the East. Whippie for them. It's like saying the IRS won tax season. IF, we do anything in the playoffs, we may meet again. But there are some significant hurdles before that. And they could easily lose along the way. Cleveland, Houston, Detroit, and KC are no walk in the park. I'll root for the O's to go as far as they can and that the Yankees are one and done. We are in. I hope we win one more so we play the opening round in Oriole Park. If not, we are still in and have to do what we got to do to go anywhere. Two years in a row. While the Red Sox, Blue Jays, and Tampa sleep. Year two with a heck of a lot more obstacles. This may not be a WS year but we are competitive, young, and a hell of a lot classier than that bunch in the Bronx. 
    • The usage of Cano last night was poor, I don't even blame him really.  Yankees had 9-1-2 coming up, and Torres is well known (based on the telecast) to hit Cano well, and hit sinkers well.  He laced that hit to RF off him on Tuesday where the Yanks screwed up the baserunning.  And Soto got a hit off him that same inning.  So it was pretty predictable that these guys were going to tee off when he came in, and that's exactly what happened. Not to mention he's pitched a lot recently, and Burnes should have pitched another inning anyway.  Just baffling decisions by Hyde last night, and I'm not one to generally question those types of things.  Even if the Burnes thing was pre-ordained, the choice of Cano for that moment was terrible.
    • Why is this thread on the Oriole Talk section.    It probably does not belong on the OriolesHangout  at all but if it stays it should be on the MLB section.
    • If there's two outs and its not Judge in the hole, I'm probably going with Perez, crossing my fingers he gets the lefty, and then starting fresh the next inning with Coulombe or someone else.  If there's one out, I'm going w/ Coulombe.
  • Popular Contributors