Hicks activated, Cowser optioned

MurphDogg

1 hour ago, maybenxtyr said:

That's been his MO for a while now.

I'm good with McKenna being up for now. Hopefully he doesn't have to play much, which better suits him than Cowser.

I think McKenna will start tonight and/or tomorrow since we'll be facing 2 lefties.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

There were those who didn’t want the O’s to activate Hicks when he was ready, but he’s been on fire since returning, .429/.520/.619 with a homer and 8 RBI in 25 PA. 

While I understand his hitting,  I am kind of surprised that Hyde has him in center.   Mullins and McKenna range is much better.  I have seen some balls fall in with Hicks in center that I thought would have been caught by either of the other two.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

While I understand his hitting,  I am kind of surprised that Hyde has him in center.   Mullins and McKenna range is much better.  I have seen some balls fall in with Hicks in center that I thought would have been caught by either of the other two.

I think it was the first hit in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs last night. Either Mullins or McKenna would have caught it and it would have saved Cano a bad inning.

I am grateful for his bat since he came back.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

There were those who didn’t want the O’s to activate Hicks when he was ready, but he’s been on fire since returning, .429/.520/.619 with a homer and 8 RBI in 25 PA. 

Yep, he’s been huge for us. I am one who was willing to DFA him, if it was a choice between McKenna and Hicks. The reason being his fragility. If he finishes the season healthy, I will be pleasantly surprised.

There is no denying what he can bring this team when he is healthy. 

11 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Hicks has looked very tentative in pushing off quickly, probably because he worried about re-injuring himself again. Saying that, he really hasn't missed any "easy" catches since coming back. I'm not sure if last night's non catch is in baseball savant yet (I couldn't find it this morning) and to me it looked catchable for most CFers, but his worse play of the year was this one https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sporty-videos?playId=8631ab0e-ae23-423d-b416-41979ca72c15

I can see trying to get Hicks' bat in the lineup when giving Mullns a day off against a tough lefty but I'd try and keep him out of center as much as possible even though I don't think he's going to kill a team out there even with his tentative play.

• Like 1