Hicks activated, Cowser optioned

MurphDogg

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

While I understand his hitting,  I am kind of surprised that Hyde has him in center.   Mullins and McKenna range is much better.  I have seen some balls fall in with Hicks in center that I thought would have been caught by either of the other two.

I assume Mullins is a little nicked up.  Hyde’s resting him a lot.  McKenna is definitely a better defender than Hicks.  

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

I assume Mullins is a little nicked up.  Hyde’s resting him a lot.  McKenna is definitely a better defender than Hicks.  

Mullins has looked slow/cautious to me today, both running out a ground ball that I thought might be close and then tracking down the triple to the triangle. 

He definitely looks like his legs are still not fully back to normal.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

Mullins has looked slow/cautious to me today, both running out a ground ball that I thought might be close and then tracking down the triple to the triangle. 

It was wet.   It was smart for him to be cautious.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

Hyde is playing him that way.  Groin injuries can nag for a long time.  

I would think Hicks would want to go somewhere with guaranteed at-bats, especially since money is no object - whoever signs him will pay the minimum and the Yankees will pay his guaranteed contract. He won't have guaranteed at-bats next year here, with Cowser and Kjerstad knocking on the door.

13 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I would think Hicks would want to go somewhere with guaranteed at-bats, especially since money is no object - whoever signs him will pay the minimum and the Yankees will pay his guaranteed contract. He won't have guaranteed at-bats next year here, with Cowser and Kjerstad knocking on the door.

Hicks may want to play where he has a chance at the World Series.   That could be the O's.   Hyde has shown he will find ways to play him.  And Hyde seems willing to overlook that he is on the IL a lot.  As soon a Hicks is ready Hyde puts him right back in there.

When Hicks in on the IL that will gives opportunity to Cowser.   I am not sure how much Elias wants Kjerstad to play in at AAA next year.  And of course Mullins, Hays and Santander have all had injuries in their past.

Edited by wildcard