Saturday, August 19: O's vs A's continue the Battle of the Vowels in California

SteveA

2 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Getting clowned by 6 ERA pitchers.

They have scored 11 runs in 16 innings so far this series it not like they can’t pitch a good game here and there.  They gave up 7 runs in a 3 game series vs the Braves and won 2 out of 3.  

Just now, Alasdaire said:

I supported the move by the front office. It's Hyde who I don't get. He threw Fuji out there the day he was acquired in a huge spot against the Rays. And he has continued running him out there in important spots. It's like he has bought into the same hype that many here have even though the performance doesn't reflect that.

I think the experiment was totally worth it. But we're running out of time for him to prove he can be trusted in the playoffs.

Hyde was very honest, the vast majority of the O's games are close games, you can't not pitch the man, he's going to have to see high-leverage situations the way this team plays games.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Jacob Webb was a waiver wire claim in August and Elias had no idea he would be available. The Orioles got lucky getting Webb he actually looks like a pitcher compared to Fujinami who just throws hard.

28 teams passed on him, and he cost us nothing but money. I'd say it was better than a trade.

Just now, bpilktree said:

They have scored 11 runs in 16 innings so far this series it not like they can’t pitch a good game here and there.  They gave up 7 runs in a 3 game series vs the Braves and won 2 out of 3.  

They have a .275 winning percentage. Let's not point to outliers and think this should be the expectation. 

2 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

I supported the move by the front office. It's Hyde who I don't get. He threw Fuji out there the day he was acquired in a huge spot against the Rays. And he has continued running him out there in important spots. It's like he has bought into the same hype that many here have even though the performance doesn't reflect that.

I think the experiment was totally worth it. But we're running out of time for him to prove he can be trusted in the playoffs.

Who would you have pitched?   He gave up a fluke homer.