Sunday, August 20: Orioles go for a sweep in Oakland on last game of west coast trip

SteveA

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

I like playing the A's, I also like that the Orioles are no longer the A's of Major league baseball 

Yeah we were that awful team so recently I actually am taking no extra joy by smashing them into the ground.  Its a real sad sight now with them going to move to Las Vegas and losing a 100 games a year.  But so happy the Orioles are past that stage. 

7 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I think if the cut off man had caught the ball and made a good throw Mateo was easily out at home.  Our scouting reports must of said they are not good enough to turn it and they sent Mateo.  They proved to be correct. 

Doubtful. The infielder had his back against home plate. It would have taken an unbelievable throw.

2 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

I think Mountcastle deserves a big apology from everyone who ganged up on him when he was clearly unhealthy.

No one knew he was unhealthy when his mega suck started.  We only heard about it just before he was sent down to AAA.   We naturally assumed he just lost it.  Like Odor went from decent to horrible instantly.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

No American League team has ever scored in all 9 innings of a 9 inning game (8 home teams have scored in all 8 innings and, of course, didn't have to bat in the 9th).

The last MLB team to do it was the Rockies, at Wrigley Field, in 1999.

And the Orioles won’t.  They get out early all the time and then don’t score much the rest of the day.