So Who Gets DFAed for Wiggy?

Anonymous

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say Waters. His combined major/minor league performance from his best season above A ball (2008) is a 4.77 ERA. And that includes 90 innings of a 5.70 in the best pitcher's environment in AAA. He's a replacement-level pitcher at best. Don't waste another player on the fact he had a hot six weeks.

I'd say Waters. His combined major/minor league performance from his best season above A ball (2008) is a 4.77 ERA. And that includes 90 innings of a 5.70 in the best pitcher's environment in AAA. He's a replacement-level pitcher at best. Don't waste another player on the fact he had a hot six weeks.

Waters has options left and he's shown he can fill in just fine if we really needed him. We can stash him at Norfolk and put a "smash this glass in emergencies only" around him. Moore has no place on this team or roster. Moore should be the one to go in my opinion.

Waters has options left and he's shown he can fill in just fine if we really needed him. We can stash him at Norfolk and put a "smash this glass in emergencies only" around him. Moore has no place on this team or roster. Moore should be the one to go in my opinion.
In the admittedly unlikely event that we get a solid enough offer for Huff or Scott before OD that it makes sense to move one of them and if Moore can somehow close the book on his Norfolk 2008 disaster and instead come close to repeating his Spring training performance from a year ago, he would be a perfect complement to Wiggy at 1B and a rest-Mora guy for 3B (and if it's Scott that goes, Moore can play LF when Pie spells Jones against some RH starters in CF). Depite a couple of admirably gritty performances last year, Waters is outclassed by a ton of better smash-this-glass-in-emergencies candidates.

This is the exact problem that the previous Orioles FO's have had. Too many players are relied on as "break glass" type players even though they are more like gasoline than a fire extinguisher. Waters in Norfolk would just holding one of Tillman/Bergesen/Berken/Hernandez back. We've got the pitching to replace him so he is quite expendable.

Moore could have been something had the Orioles kept him up all last season IMO. They could have also stashed him at Norfolk this season if they wanted because they would have had the option. It's sad the way this has worked out as Moore could have been an inexpensive option for the team as a good bench player or even a starter. I hope he can pass through waivers but I doubt he'll make it.

Toronto is the exact type of team that I see picking him up and giving him a chance...

This is the exact problem that the previous Orioles FO's have had. Too many players are relied on as "break glass" type players even though they are more like gasoline than a fire extinguisher. Waters in Norfolk would just holding one of Tillman/Bergesen/Berken/Hernandez back. We've got the pitching to replace him so he is quite expendable.

Moore could have been something had the Orioles kept him up all last season IMO. They could have also stashed him at Norfolk this season if they wanted because they would have had the option. It's sad the way this has worked out as Moore could have been an inexpensive option for the team as a good bench player or even a starter. I hope he can pass through waivers but I doubt he'll make it.

Toronto is the exact type of team that I see picking him up and giving him a chance...

JTruth81 (now I think it's ME that's gonna need the meds).

Archived